Chapter 19:Home adventure

Kuroo had headed upstairs a little while before Y/N opened up for her parents. Although he was the one to tell Y/N to calm down he was pretty panicked himself. He thought that the best hiding place would probably be her bedroom. So once he reached the second floor he entered her room and decided to hide in the big closet he had hid once before.

'Deja vu'he thought. Though this was different because her parents weren't going to leave the house anytime now.

He heard footsteps at the stairs. He first assumed that it was Y/N and was coming upstairs to try and get him out. But he then realizes that the footsteps were harder sounding. So he guesses that it was her father.

Her father had already been suspicious. He could read his daughter's facial expressions very well. He knew something was up so before entering his room he decided to check on Y/N's bedroom.

Kuroo freaked out at the sound of the bedroom door opening. He held his mouth with his hand to keep his breath from being heard. He could she Y/N's father checking around the room from the small opening of the closet doors. It was unusually clean for someone that skipped school for being sick the dad thought. He was walking towards Kuroo, to the closet. Kuroo's heart was ready to pop out of his chest.

"Honeyyy.Food's readyy" the mom shouted from downstairs.

"Comiiing"the dad shouted back. He would have checked the closet real quick but he knew that his wife would get mad if he didn't show up at least for the next five minutes. So he exited the room swiftly closing the door gently behind him.

"*phew*Y/N's mom you are a lifsaver" He whispered to himself still in the closet. Once he knew it was safe to come out he opened the closet wide and popped out of it. For a man with his tall physique it was quite hard to be kneeling for a long time, in such a small space.
-----
The L/N family gathered downstairs at the kitchen table and started feasting on the delicious fried chicken with rice that Y/N's mother had made. They weren't really talking, everyone looking at their dishes while eating.

"So" Y/N's father initiated. Y/N's eyes slightly got wider. She didn't know what to expect.

"How is Kuroo doing?We haven't seen him in a long time"

Y/N gulped"Oh um he is fine.."

"Are you two doing well?"

"Um yeah...everything is working out just fine..."

Her mother was looking at the two pretty confused as to why her husband would ask such questions at this time.

"Hmm good. I'm glad" Her dad gave her a gentle smile and she returned it.

"Did you maybe just maybe sleep together last night by any chance?"
Y/N almost choked at the question.

"Um no, of course not. We did hang out last night but he left early to go home. You know Monday today and all. School..."

"Of course he did. Stupid of me to ask I'm sorry sweetheart."

"It's okay dad" Y/N gave him a smile, her mother still silent. She was just observing the odd conversation.

Y/N then suddenly got up from the table. She put her dirty plate in the sink and excused herself to go upstairs. After she was out of sight she run quietly to her room. She entered it ,quickly but silently closing the door.

"I see you're already out"

"Yeah I thought it was safe so I came out"

"Okay okay okay. Now what do we do? They're not gonna leave the house for the next 12+hours or so. That means till morning tomorrow." Y/N was biting her nails nervously.

"Do I get out of the window again?"

"No not the window. They're probably gonna see you leaving from the living room window." Y/N nervously going back and forth in her room, rejecting Kuroo's suggestion for an escape.

"Okay so what are we going to do? Excuse me what I'M going to do" He emphasized the I'm. He was in a panic state as well.

"Okay okay. Ummm. My parents usually take a small nap after lunch. So I guess we can wait till then to get you out."

"But their bedroom is on the opposite door isn't it? A-and won't they come to check on you? You're father came to check the room."

"What!? That's why he kept asking me all those questions..."
"Okay we have no other choice. We'll wait till they're off to nap."

Suddenly steps could be heard from outside the door and the door handle was moving. They both panicked as Y/N quickly pushed Kuroo under the bed, since it was right beside them. Y/N's mom entered the room.

"Hey honey"

"Hey mom"Y/N said nervously.

"What was all that with your father about?"

"I don't know myself... Just ask him."

"He wouldn't tell me if I did. So that's why I'm here"

Y/N nodded.
"But...are you and Kuroo actually fine?"

"Yeah mom. We are great" Y/N eased up a bit and gave her a warm smile.

"I'm glad." She smiled"So have you...you know...moved on yet?"

"Mom!"Y/N could feel her cheeks becoming red. So were Kuroo's, who was under the bed listening to the conversation.

"What? I'm your mother I think I deserve to know"

"Of course you do...can we talk about it some other time?"

"So you did do it!" Y/N's mother's eyes went wide. Most mothers would probably be angry but her mom was happy that she had found someone appropriate for that.

"Shh don't scream! Yeah..." Y/N blushed her finger on her mother's lips trying to shush her.

"Okay okay sorry. I'm going to take a nap but you're gonna tell me all about it later"

"Yeah yeah now goo"

Her mother left the room winning at her and Y/N fell relieved on her bed. Kuroo was crawling from under the bed and sat beside her.

"Sorry about that..." Y/N was blushing not even looking at Kuroo from the embarrassment.

"It's okay...she's your mother after all..."

They sat there in silence until they decided that it was safe to start moving. Y/N quietly opened the door leading Kuroo on her steps so that they didn't make a sound.

They successfully got downstairs and Kuroo exited the front door quietly after placing a kiss on Y/N's lips.

This was quite the adventure.