Chapter 12:The argument

The next morning Kuroo had breakfast with his mom who asked him about the date. He was pretty cold talking about it but his mother didn't really bother to ask him. Maybe it's something he didn't want to talk about.

After they were done Kuroo's mom headed out to go to her work, leaving Kuroo alone to wash the dishes.

Not many minutes later he heard the doorbell ring.

"I'm comiing"he yelled from the kitchen and rushed to the door.

"Hey mom did you forget somethi-..ing" Kuroo just assumed that his mother had come back to take something but to his surprise there was his girlfriend.

"Hi...baby" Y/N said reluctantly not looking up, nervously fidgeting her fingers.

"Hey...princess" Kuroo let out a big sigh.

"Can I...come in? Or should I just...go?"

"No...come"

Y/N was happy that Kuroo didn't close the door to her face but that didn't mean he had forgotten all about last night and had forgiven her.

Once they were inside Y/N took off her shoes and followed Kuroo to the living room. Y/N sat first on the big couch and although there was a big space for the boy to sit next to her, he sat opposite to her to a small armchair.

It made her sad.

"So how are you doing?" Kuroo started.

"Oh um...fine I guess..."
"I am-"

"No don't..." Kuroo interrupted her.
"Don't say you're sorry.Don't make it sound like you feel sorry for me.Just don't".

"But I don't! I don't feel sorry for you. I'm saying I'm sorry because I'm angry at myself!"

Tears started forming in Y/N's eyes. She didn't want Kuroo to see her cry so as soon as she felt her eyes warm she wiped her tears.

Kuroo though was seeing that she was ready to cry and he felt his heart break. But he was still a bit mad at her so he wouldn't admit anything yet.

"I'm angry because I had all these thoughts the night before our date. A-a-and I just thought that you'd want something like this...and I knew I wasn't ready but..."

"But?"

"God I love you so much I just couldn't stand the thought of you getting bored of me! Of you leaving me..."

Now that was the final blow for the boy. His eyes widened upon hearing what Y/N had just said. God he couldn't stand her e/c eyes being all teary. He was devastated.

He rushed over to her side on the couch grabbing her by her shoulders.

"Hey hey princess"

Y/N looked up to him, her face all red form crying.

"I would never, ever, get bored of you or pressure you to do something you don't want to. We are a couple and we are together in this. We walk together all steps of the way. One step at a time no need to rush".

"You mean it?"

"Of course I do. I fell in love with you because you are who you are. If it was just about sex or something you wouldn't be here now next to me".

Y/N was speechless. Her throat felt sore from crying and not a word could escape her mouth. So Kuroo just leaned over her to hug her surrounding her in his warm arms.

"I love you very much too..."

A small pause.

"We can take our time"

He looked at her, her eyes still red but bright from the happiness Kuroo's words had sparkled.

~°~°~°~

They stayed cuddling for some time after this small argument and in little to no time they were back to their normal selves. Since Y/N was there they decided to hang out for the rest of the afternoon, playing board games, watching movies etc. A lot of time must have passed because Kuroo's mom was already home from work.

"Heyy honey.Oh and Y/N's here too"

"Hello Mrs Kuroo"

"Hey mom"

"Oh Y/N sweety I told you to call me Sui. We are technically relatives aren't we?"

"Oh..um...yes I guess"Y/N blushed.

"Mooom.You're acting like I am going to get married tomorrow."

"You might as well do that" Kuroo's mother gave him a smirk and proceeded to go upstairs to her bedroom waving Y/N goodbye. She wouldn't come downstairs again because she didn't want to disturb the couple.

"Alright it's quite late and your mother must be tired so I think I'll get going now"

"No stay it's fine. My mother will be upstairs locked in her bedroom it's not like we will bother her. Or that we'll be doing anything loud...." Kuroo looked at Y/N with a mischievous and dirty smirk, her getting immediately what he was implying.

"Yeah you're right..." Y/N was blushing"But still. My parents had an early shift today so I have to get home. Or else I'll be in trouble and then....no loud games for you for a very very very long time"Y/N knew she was playing with fire but she couldn't help it but reply with the same dirtiness her partner was talking.

Kuroo had already gotten over what happened and took no offence in her challenging dirty attitude.

"Okie then...I don't want to miss on those games when the time comes."

"No you don't" Y/N smiled.

"Bye baby"

"Bye princess"

As soon as the door closed Kuroo's mother came from upstairs.

"Soo I'm guessing you made up?"

"Yeah...wait how did you know?"

"Mother's instincts. You still have a looot to learn about women young man" Kuroo's mom yelled while going back into her bedroom.

"Yeah... I guess I do"he muttered to himself.

This was a nice day.

Author's note

Short chapter but meh. There's more😉