Chapter 8:Confessions

For the next couple days Kuroo would try to reach her via text messages saying he's sorry and that he didn't really know what he was doing. He tried to get Y/N to meet up with him and explain the situation up close but Y/N would always turn him down saying that she was busy.

Kuroo knew that wasn't the case. He had acted on impulse and embarrassed Y/N.He felt that she didn't like him back but he still did it.

And now he probably lost his friend.
-----
Y/N was still overwhelmed by that night's passionate kiss. It felt like she had a permanent blush on her face. Kuroo would try to reach out to her and text her but she was pretty distant and cold with him.

She felt bad but she was trying to take some time away from him to sort things out in her head.

She replayed the moment in her head.

It all happened so fast that she hadn't realized Kuroo had leaned to kiss her until his soft, warm lips touched hers.

She remembers kissing him back. Slightly but she still did.

So that means only one thing.

Y/N likes him.

No.

She loves him.

She is in love only just realizing.

She was afraid of her true feelings for him feeling it would ruin their friendship. That's why she kept telling to herself. You having fun and being happy around him just means that he is a very good friend. Oh how naive she was.

~°~°~°~

Incoming message:Princess

Princess:Um hey.

Bedhead-Kun:Oh hi.

(No more compliments)she frowned.

Princess:Um look I know that this is sudden but...do you think we can meet up?

Bedhead-Kun:Umm yeah, sure...

Princess:Okay.Park?At 8?

Bedhead-Kun:Yeah.

Princess:Okay...cu.

Y/N put her phone on the nightstand and laid  on her back. She was looking at the ceiling wondering what she should tell him.

Or rather...how to tell him.

Because she knew what she had to say.
-----
Kuroo received a text from Y/N.Upon seeing the message his face lit up and he was happy.But...he was still quite afraid of what she might want. Maybe she wanted to end their friendship and Kuroo wasn't ready for that. What he was ready for was his heart to break into tiny little pieces.

(...do you think we can meet up?)

This particular line. It made him happy, nervous and afraid at the same time. He bit his lip in nervousness and answered positively.

He was ready for a rejection.

He even gave himself a pep talk in front of his bedroom mirror and prepared himself for the worst rejection ever.

~°~°~°~

The clock finally hits 8.Y/N has gotten ready, she doesn't have to wave her parents goodbye since they wouldn't be home for at least another our, since they were doing an extra shift tonight. So she heads out locking behind her.

On her way to the park she is thinking about every possible outcome of tonight's conversation. She thinks of every possible thing she or he can say to each other. Reminding that she is a big over thinker.

Her stomach full of butterflies and her face already blushed.

She eventually reached the park and Kuroo had already arrived, sitting on the left swing. She was behind him and  he hadn't seen her yet, thinking that she wasn't ready and should run away now that she still can.

Before she could make another step Kuroo turned around to meet her gaze.

Both were silent, an awkward atmosphere surrounding them.

"You...look nice tonight" Kuroo started, looking at his feet.

"Um...thanks"

Silence again.

"Okay so-"
"Look I-"
They said simultaneously cutting each other off.

"You go first" Y/N offered to Kuroo.

"Okay um...I uh...didn't mean to make you uncomfortable around me a-and embarass you or invade your private space or anything. I acted on impulse and I know that I am stupid and I'll understand if you don't wanna be friends anymo-"

Kuroo was cut off by the touch of Y/N's warm lips to his. It was a gentle kiss but it still held passion. Kuroo was taken aback by her action, blushing like crazy.

Y/N pulled back.
"You're right. I don't want to be friends."
"I want to be something more. I want you to teach me chemistry, because you're right I have absolutely no clue about it. I'm the stupid one here....so... Kuroo Tetsurō....I guess what I am trying to say is....I...like you more than I should and I want to be with you. "
Y/N gave him a warm smile and tears started coming down her cheeks.

Kuroo's eyes were wide, his hazel eyes brighter than ever, because they were filled with shock and happiness.

He was so happy.

He grabbed Y/N's chin gently, wiping her tears.

"I couldn't have put it any other way. L/N Y/N
...I'm in love with you and I want to be with you too."

He leaned over her small body and gave her a warm hug. Y/N shoved her face in his chest, her tears coming non stop.

This was their happy place.

Their home.

Their love.

Author's note

Ah yes. Let the fluff come forth🤗.