Chapter 13:School

August 26st. It's hard to believe it's been more than a month that Kuroo and Y/N have been together. After their first significant argument they haven't really fought again. About something important at least. So the relationship is going pretty nice.

As fall approaches the more anxious Y/N gets about going back to school. This was gonna be her last year, the deciding year. The year she would have to choose her career path for the future. Well she was pretty settled about what she wanted to do in her life but still. The process was going to be tough.

Kuroo on the other hand was pretty chill in general. It's not that he didn't care about his academic performance. It's just that he was pretty confident in himself and being with the girl he loves boosted his confidence even more.

This was going to be a difficult year. And it was definitely not one of the most suitable years for a newfound relationship. Y/N knew that right from the start. But what better to have someone by your side through the nerve wracking moments of school life she thought.

-

Y/N was hanging out with Kia in her room. She felt bad that she had neglected her all this time. Besides she wanted to hang out with her friend for a change. She was getting a pretty big daily dose of Kuroo anyway.

"Soo summer's almost over you know" Kia pointed out.

"Yeah...It's been way too nice. I don't want it to end".

"Well I want to believe no one does. But unfortunately that's how it has to be".
"Have you decided on a career path yet?"

"I think I'd like to keep drawing and become an artist. Although I don't really know about the profit".

"That's nice. Can't wait to see you on TV presenting your artwork" Kia winked at her.

"Yeah like that's gonna happen. How about you? You thought of anything?"

"Hmmm I'm not sure but...I think I'd like to keep playing volleyball. I really like it and I have to say I'm pretty good at it".Kia smiled not sounding cocky to the least but rather confident and selfaware.

"Now that is some dream. Can't wait to watch you at nationals"

"Oh you betcha I'm going to nationals. I'm not gonna lose to the boys' team" Kia grinned widely.
"Speaking of boys' team, how are you and captain doing?"

"Oh um we're good. You know loving each other and getting to each other's nerves at same time. The usual".

"That's good to hear".
"Soo...have you like...done anything like...more spicy maybe"

"Umm no...nothing at all" Y/N blushed.

"Does he not want to or..."

"No no we both want to but...we kinda don't feel quite ready yet. At least I'm not..."

"Oh okay then. It's cool that you are taking your time"
Kia sighed heavily and leaned back with her palms supporting her. She was looking at the ceiling, still talking to Y/N.

"Look at you two go. It feels like only yesterday when you first met at my practice. And you acted all flustered too when I offered to pair you up. The irony." Kia laughed.

Soon after Y/N found herself laughing with her"Shut up"

~°~°~°~

After some time the other girl left Y/N's house leaving her alone. She was lost in thought once again.

'What if I hadn't come to Kia's practice that day? I never would have met him. None of this would be happening. I'm so lucky.'
She smiled and drifted off to sleep.

~°~°~°~

September 11th.School was here already. It was like Y/N closed her eyes and the second she opened them she was at school.

The alarm clock was so annoying this morning. She hadn't heard it for three months now. She hit it making it stop and quickly got up, messy hair and dried out saliva around her mouth. Her sleeping was pretty messy indeed.

She went to the bathroom washed her face, brushed her teeth and again to her room to get dressed.

Her parents were already awake since they too had to head off to work in a couple of minutes. She said good morning to them took an apple with her and quickly left for school.

She was actually a little excited to go back. All her friends would have returned from their vacations and she would be able to hang out with them again. The only thing is... Kuroo wouldn't be there.It was too bad they went to different schools.

~°~°~°~

The day went by smoothly. Since it was the first day they only got to know some of the new teachers and get their books for the rest of the school year.

Y/N was returning home with some struggle from the heavy books she was carrying. Suddenly though it felt like the weight from the books was lifted up from her. She turned around only to see Kuroo holding onto her backpack.

"Need some help princess" Kuroo smirked.

"I actually do thank you" Y/N smiled at him.

They started walking together, talking on their way to Y/N's house.

"How was your first day at hell hole?" Kuroo joked.

"It was fine nothing special. They're still preparing the tanks of hot lava" She went along with Kuroo's joke.

"That's good to know"

"How was yours?"

"Well really boring right off the bat. But I think the suckiest thing is that you were not there"

"Yeah...I feel ya"Y/N blushed

~°~°~°~

After a ten minute walk they were outside Y/N's door. They kissed before waving each other goodbye and Y/N entered her house.

She stood behind the door before doing anything else.

'It's going to be hard not having him there'

'We'll hardly see each other when things get busy'

'This...is going to be hard'

*sigh*

Author's note

If I write something about school that you find strange, it's because I'm writing according to the school system in my country and at the same time I try to put as many things from schools abroad as I can. So correct me anytime if I'm wrong somewhere!!

Thank you!!