42

Louis'  POV: 

I woke up, still quite tired, but really warm and comfortable. I was really getting used to living here,  the boys making sure I didn't go without anything, even coming to see me in the night ... 

It was at that point I remembered my awful dream from the night before. I'd cried like anything, and relied on them straight away to calm me down, making me feel so embarassed. I couldn't really remember much from yesterday which surprised me, only the doctors visit - or was that the day before?

I curled further into the blankets, hoping to fall back to sleep, but I had no such luck when Niall came in a couple of minutes later, obviously to wake me up. I tried not to laugh at the way he crept in slowly, taking calculated long, slow, steps towards me. 

"What are you laughing at cheeky boy?" He gasped dramatically, seeing I was awake and trying to hide my smile. 

I yawned, shrugging slightly, as he lowered the railing of the crib, moving to pick me up.

"Have you gone potty yet baby?" Niall asked me casually, and I blushed bright red as I shook my head, hiding my face in the teddy that I had, for some unknown reason, clung onto as Niall had picked me up.

"No? We'll check in a bit then babe." He replied, as I squirmed around, making sure my face was hidden in his shoulder.

"Hmm I think Daddy Liam made us some pancakes, yummy right?" Niall asked in a sickeningly sweet baby voice.

I didn't like how they were still referring to themselves as my daddies, but I had agreed to try, and they'd been nothing short of amazing to me, so I kept my mouth shut.

I woke up a little more as we neared the kitchen, and sat up a little bit more on Niall. I wasn't overly hungry, but I was really excited to see the others - though I wasn't too sure why.

"Good morning darling!" Harry squealed as he saw me, and I subconsciously moved closer to him, allowing him to take me from Niall.

"Are you hungry darling?" He asked me, after taking me from Niall.

I wasn't overly so I shrugged in response - I wasn't used to eating a lot at a time, or every day for that matter.

"Are you tired still? You're quiet today darling." Harry fussed over me, even putting his hand on my forehead to check if I had a temperature.

"I'm not ill, m'fine." I replied, frustrated.

He frowned but thankfully stopped fussing over me, placing me in the highchair.

Liam placed a plastic plate on the tray, that had three pancakes with a smiley face on them. I thanked him quietly and he ruffled my hair in response.

"I don't have a fork?" I asked aloud, to anyone who was listening.

Zayn walked over to me then, sitting in the seat closest to me, with a mug of coffee in one hand and his plate in the other.

"Yeah it's fine Lou, I'll feed you sweets. " He informed me, picking up a plastic fork that was on the side of his plate.

I tried not to react too much, knowing they just wanted to baby me as much as they could, and it wouldn't kill me to let him do it.

I only managed about half of what was on the plate, and I could tell Zayn was disappointed with me.

"Just a bit more Lou?" He encouraged, bringing the fork up to my mouth again.

"I'm sorry, I'm full, please don't be mad." I pleaded, not wanting them to get angry at me, I felt like all I was doing was crying or disappointing them at the minute.

Thankfully Zayn stopped and came over at that point, crouching in front of me so he was at my level.

I looked away but he gently gripped my chin and turned my head towards him.

"Darling you don't need to cry okay, I know you're not used to eating much and that's okay, we'll work on it."

I nodded, looking into his warm brown eyes, the way he was looking at me made me feel so small, but so protected.

"And you don't need to be worried about making us mad okay love, we won't get angry with you darling, and I promise we won't hurt you."

I couldn't hold back my smile and reached out for him, cuddling into him as played with my hair.

"Love you" I whispered into his ear.

I knew it was early days, but they'd shown me more kindness in the last couple of days than anyone else had in the last couple of years, and I knew I trusted and loved them all already.