39

Niall's POV:

"C'mon sweetie just a little bit" I encouraged him, as he shook his head, turning away from me.

He was really underweight still, and I knew we were all concerned that even in his headspace he was refusing to eat. He'd only really eaten one big meal with us, that first day, but other than that he just picked at his food.

"You need to eat at least half Louis." Liam told him, to which he immediately burst into tears.

I gasped at his reaction, glaring at Liam, before removing Louis from his highchair. He hadn't fussed when we'd put him into it luckily, seeming quite well behaved.

"Oh darling don't cry, we're not mad at you!" I hugged him, kissing his cheeks to try to make him stop crying.

I carried him out of the kitchen and back into the living room, very carefully, seeing as the swing was still set in the doorway.

I noticed Liam stood in the doorway after a couple of minutes of me pacing round the room with him, his cries steadily reducing to just tears. He mimed a bottle to me, to which I hesitantly nodded my head in agreement. I figured he couldn't be much more upset, and we definitely needed a way to get a bit of nourishment into him.

I was amazed he was still in headspace, some littles would have a tantrum and especially in the first few weeks it would pull them out. Not that he'd really had a tantrum, he was just overwhelmed with everything, and the doctor had mentioned he wouldn't be used to eating much.

"You okay now Lou?" I murmured quietly to him when he seemed to have finally settled down.

The only response I got was a hushed whisper of  "daddy", making my heart clench at the way he'd already accepted us.

"I'm here Lou darling, you're okay" I reassured him, kissing the top of his head gently.

He had relaxed significantly since we'd stopped trying to feed him, and I settled down on the couch with him, playing with his hair as he let out a content sigh. He curled further into me, clearly just trying to go to sleep. I wasn't too surprised seeing as he'd had such a big day, but he hadn't eaten much.

Liam came in with a bottle not too much longer though, so at least he'd have a little something before he went to sleep, hopefully sleeping straight through.

We'd need to set up a proper routine for him, but I figured it could wait a few days, see what he naturally wanted to do.

He was so tired he latched straight on to the bottle thankfully, and was out for the count about halfway through.

He looked so peaceful when he was asleep, his rosy pink cheeks and long eyelashes making him look even more adorable.

Harry picked him up off me, his dimples showing when Louis curled into him subconsciously. I watched him be carried off upstairs, a pacifier placed into his mouth by Zayn, as I stretched my legs and headed to the kitchen to finish my long forgotten dinner.

AN: Thought I'd post twice seeing as they're quite short, thanks for voting and commenting!