20

Niall carried Louis back into the supermarket after his little outburst.

In a way, the boys were happy Louis had reacted in such a way. It was one of the first signs of him slipping into a head space, being anxious in new places and needing to rely on them. And that was their ultimate goal for Louis, though of course they hated seeing him so upset.

Niall took Louis into the bathroom, carrying him towards the changing table and setting him down gently. He took a wet wipe from the dispenser and started cleaning his face of the tears, making Louis a lot happier. In his mind he figured the others wouldn't know he'd been crying, though they had of course seen him before he left.

"Okay ready to go back out babe?" Niall asked Louis as he picked him up, taking him off of the changing table.

Louis nodded his head in agreement, feeling a lot calmer now. They knew he wouldn't admit it, but being close to the others did relax him, and it was a good sign he felt so safe around them already.

As Niall went to open the door however Zayn rushed in, looking more flustered than Louis had ever seen.

"Niall we have an issue!" Zayn rushed out, wrapping an arm around Louis protectively.

Louis leaned into Zayns embrace, immediately feeling calmer despite the man's words.

"Why what's happened, where's Harry?" Niall asked frantically, looking towards the door.

"Someone caught wind we were here, and posted a photo of Harry ... There's literally hundreds outside already." He trailed off, as they both thought of what to do about Louis.

They hadn't announced yet that they'd found a little, wanting to wait a few weeks until Louis was a bit more settled.

Although they'd taken a break from performing for a while, they were still recording new music and doing interviews, so they knew it was only a matter of time.

Louis looked on confused, not wanting to interrupt as Niall and Zayn carried on talking to each other, in riddles if you asked Louis. He had no idea what was going on as nobody had told him yet that they were famous, wanting to ease him into it

"Right they haven't seen me and Lou yet, so you and Harry distract while I sneak him out the back exit yeah?" Niall asked, finally deciding on a plan.

"They'll see you going into the car you doofus" Zayn replied.

"Oh ring Liam, he can come pick us up!" Niall said, which Zayn did quickly.

A sniffle from Louis reminded the boys he was still there, and that they hadn't explained to him why they were leaving.

"Lou we need to leave quickly okay, I'll explain when we get home alright?" Niall told the boy, who simply nodded.

The boys figured he was just too tired to argue, or to demand what was going on. They didn't realise however Louis thought he might be the issue, and believed that his earlier episode was the reason they had to leave.

That of course was not the case, but Louis was vulnerable at the minute, his mind playing tricks on him as he tried to adjust to being a little. Combined with their hushed voices and not hearing most of the conversation, it was no wonder Louis felt it might be his fault.