21

When Liam arrived, Louis was carried out of the supermarket quickly to the car, via the back exit.

Louis was placed into the backseat again, in a car seat that Liam had already put in. Niall sat in the front next to Liam, and although they put on the radio for Louis, he felt really awkward as they were whispering.

He thought they were whispering because they were talking about him, and just didn't want him to hear. Of course this made him even more anxious, worried he'd caused a major issue from the way he'd acted in the supermarket.

Until Louis did slip, he would feel anxious though, about his actions. The boys of course knew this, but perhaps didn't realise the extent of how vulnerable Louis felt right now. And it didn't help how timid Louis was around them, afraid to speak up too much.

"Hi baby, come here" Liam cooed, as he started unbuckling Louis from his car seat, placing him on his hip.

Louis smiled at this, Liam was really warm and comfortable, and didn't sound like he was angry at him at all. Louis curled into Liam, placing his head on his shoulder, his warm breath tickling Liams neck.

Liam held in a fond smile at seeing how relaxed his boy was in his company. Liam ran his hand through Louis' hair gently, cooing when he felt Louis push into his hand slightly, clearly enjoying the attention.

One thing the boys really wanted to work on was how quiet Louis was around them. They knew how shy he was, but until he started communicating with them properly, he'd have a hard time slipping into his head space.

Because of this, Liam had pulled out some board and card games for the evening, ones that would mostly require verbal answers. This in the hope that he'd gradually become more comfortable around them, although they understood his nerves.

Liam walked him into the house, Niall holding open the door, and into the kitchen.

He made a move to set Louis down into the highchair but stopped as Louis made a tiny whimper of protest.

"What's wrong baby?" Liam asked gently, feeling Louis cling onto him tighter.

Louis mumbled a few words into Liams shoulder, that Liam just couldn't make out.

"What was that baby, speak up a little" Liam tried, to which he felt Louis shake his head slightly.

"I promise you won't be in trouble love" Liam encouraged him, trying his best to get Louis talking.

"Wanna stay with you".

And Liam couldn't help but grin at this, kissing the top of Louis' head as he readjusted Louis comfortably, bouncing him slightly.

"Such a good boy Lou, how could I deny Louis cuddles!" Liam told the boy, causing him to blush. Liam couldn't see this of course from the way Louis was positioned, but Niall probably could.