22

Louis POV:

I think I surprised Liam and even myself when I chose to stay with him rather than by myself.

I was still a bit upset from the supermarket though, and the comfort they all provided me with, was something I missed. I felt safe around them, they were protective and kind, allowing me to, mostly, do things at my own pace.

I was resting my head on Liam shoulder, absolutely exhausted. I don't know why I was so tired, thinking it was probably because I finally had a safe warm place to sleep, and I felt safe for the first time in a while.

Liam was moving around in the kitchen, talking to Niall about something, I wasn't really listening. They kept laughing though, and the vibrations from Liams chest made me feel even safer, sending me half to sleep.

After that I think I must have started to fall asleep, because a few minutes later a loud bang and voices from the other side of the house startled me awake. I flinched awake at the noise, letting out an involuntary whine as my eyes embarrassingly filled with tears.

I lifted my head from Liams shoulder to see Niall reaching out for me.

"You're okay boo, it's just Harry and Zayn coming back." He murmured, taking me off Liam and sitting down on a chair with me, rubbing my back.

I relaxed fairly quickly at that, always having hated loud noises.

"Maybe we should put them in time out Lou, what do you think?" Niall grinned, tickling my sides.

I laughed at that, imagining Harry and Zayn on the naughty step. Niall tickled me more, making me squeak, wriggling to get away from him.

"Oh we left your shoes on didn't we, silly me!" Niall chuckled, picking me up from the couch where I was laying, trying to catch my breath.

He gently took my shoes off, telling me he'd put me in pajamas after dinner. I nodded at that, smiling as he set me back down on the couch.

It felt strange, but really nice, knowing I didn't have to make any of the big decisions, and they would just take care of it. Even something as small as what I would wear was taken care of, and it made me feel little, but loved.

"Okay love, dinners nearly ready but I need you to listen to me quick okay?" Niall asked seriously, moving so he was knelt on the floor in front of me, holding my hands.

"So when Liam picked us up earlier from the supermar-"

"I'm sorry!" I whimpered, cutting him off, looking down at my hands which he was still holding.

I felt awful about the hassle I'd caused earlier, half hoping they would have forgotten about it.

"Sorry? Whatever for Lou?" Niall asked me, looking confused when I glanced up at him.

"I ... I was bad, and Liam had to take us home and now everyone's gonna be mad at me" I whispered.

"No no baby. You were so good Lou, it's fine you got a little overwhelmed love, nobody's mad!" He tried to reassure me as I frowned, looking down still.

"Lou, Liam had to come earlier because, well we were waiting to tell you this, but we're in a band." He said cautiously, as I looked up curiously at him.

"Someone took a photo of Harry, and it went viral, so we had to leave before it got any worse and more people turned up. I'm so sorry you thought it was your fault Lou, we just wanted to get you out quickly so you wouldn't have to deal with the crowds." Niall assured me.

"So you're not mad at me?" I asked hesitantly, peeking up at his face to see if he looked genuine or not.

"No baby of course not, you were such a good boy for us when we went out." He told me, coming to sit next to me and cuddling me into his side, as we waited on Liam.