75

Paul's POV:

"Jesus kid, you look like death!" I greeted casually, seeing Zayn open the door.

I bet he was regretting this whole 'ooh lets tour with a little Louis, even though we're old and haven't bothered rehearsing in years' idea.

It isn't that I was against the idea but ... I had some concerns.

"Oh piss off, and I'm not a kid, fully grown man right here mate." Zayn joked.

"How have you been kid, haven't seen you since ...  around Halloween was it?"

"I am so not a child! Nobody listens to me I swear ..." Zayn grumbled. It was so good seeing them again, I was practically a fill in father on the road back in the day, and I did sort of miss my relationship with them all. We kept in touch a fair bit, but it wasn't exactly the same.

We all knew that hiatus being 18 months was utter crap, but still, we were all surprised when Liam had called, telling us they were finally returning to touring.

I, of course, always kept up to date with their news, and the few albums they'd released were very different to their usual sound, but I knew they were excited to tour. I mean we were still close, I video called regularly with them now, working out details, but I'd always been close with them.

And now I was entrusted with the responsibility of Louis!

I could hear him giggling from here, and I was so nervous. I mean the boys were family, and I really wanted him to like me.

It's not like I'd never met a little before but, this was different, this was Louis!

"You with us?" Zayn smirked at me, as I resisted the urge to slap him.

"Yeah, yeah, now when do I get to meet Louis?"

"You almost sound as excited as us ... Should I be concerned Paul?" Zayn laughed as I glared at him, following him through to their living room.

Man I was jealous of their house.

"I just want this to go well you know, I mean first impressions and all ..." I trailed off when I heard Zayn muffling a laugh, clearly at me. I raised an eyebrow at him in question.

"You're getting soft old man." Was the only response I received.

"Me? What about you lot, is that a grey hair I see Zayn?" I asked dramatically as he gasped and excused himself, half walking and half running upstairs, definitely to a mirror.

Good old Zayn. Just like old times.

I followed the sound of cartoons and laughter into their living room, clearing my throat awkwardly as I stepped in, Harry immediately standing up to greet me, as Louis climbed onto Niall's lap, peeking up at me cautiously.

He was even cuter in person than the many, many, hundreds of photos the boys had sent me of him.

I'd never really wanted a little, but hey, he was cute and each to their own - wasn't like they were uncommon now.

"Hey man how are you? Thanks so much for doing this ... Again! " Harry laughed, pulling me into a bear hug. All I could think was when the hell did he get taller than me?

"Yeah no problems, looking forward to this I must say, it's been what, like six or seven years since the last tour?" I asked, getting distracted by Louis shuffling around, giggling adorably as Niall tickled him.

"Yeah it's sure been a while! And with a new addition now too!" Harry laughed, crouching down so he was nearly eye level with Louis.

"Louis darling this is Paul, are you going to say hi?" Harry cooed at him.

I watched as Louis peeked up at me before shaking his head and hiding his face in Niall's chest.

The nerve of the kid seriously! But to be fair he was adorable.

"No?" I gasped dramatically, making him lift his head.

"And I was so looking forward to playing with your trains too!" I told him, pretending to walk away, Harry hiding a laugh with a fake cough.

"You like twains too?!" Louis squealed, shuffling over to me.

"Absolutely! Okay what have we got here then? Let's see ...".

I 'played' trains with Louis for an hour or so, just catching up with the boys and getting Louis comfortable around me, which I think I did a pretty good job of, if I do say so myself!

We were interrupted by a certain little man needing a nappy change, and I figured it was aa good a time as any to make myself scarce.

I was so looking forward to touring with the lads again though, with the best little addition!

AN:

Not a fan of the ending but thought it was an okay chapter? Considering it's from such a random POV!

Sorry for yet again the late updates! Just finished uni this week though, so updates will fingers crossed be a little more regular from now on.

Hope everyone's okay :)