79

Louis POV:

" ... moving ... fine until ... and ... nothing that ..."

I could vaguely hear voices, someone saying my name, and another talking in the hallway.

I felt awful, I was frozen, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move.

All I could see in front of me was ... Me?

It was like I was sat there staring at a memory, just me lying on the cold ground, bleeding.

I hated the cold, the loneliness, the pain when somebody ignored me, or worse, saw me and decided to beat me up for the fun of it.

I was stuck in my head, reliving those awful few years of my life.

The fear when I thought I saw ... him.

The cold that seeped into my bones, the amount of times I'd layed there alone, never trusting I was safe.

I think I tuned out again?

I was sat on Harry's lap, my head over his shoulder, and he was rocking us back and forth, his hand firmly on my head and back.

"H ... H ... " I stuttered, unable to get his name out, as I realised I was crying, struggling to get a deep breath in.

"That's it, you're okay, you're safe" Harry promised, his presence grounding me as I struggled to stop crying.

I relaxed into his hold, realising he was right. I was safe, here with them.

"You're okay, just breathe, I've got you" He assured me, murmuring reassurances as I laid limp over him, his hold tight enough to make me feel safe.

"I didn't ... I don't ..." I stammered out, Harry shushing me gently.

"Just breathe baby, we can talk in a bit, just calm down darling."

I don't know how long we sat there, wrapped in his warm hug, but it was long enough that I'd stopped crying, and my major freak out seemed something of the past.

I coughed slightly, realising my mouth was dry, and tasted horrible for some reason. It smelled a little actually too.

Looking over to the definite puke stain on the right of me, I wondered how it was I couldn't remember throwing up.

"M'sorry" I whimpered, breaking off coughing again, causing Harry to look at me in concern.

"You're fine darling, you ready to go downstairs and get a drink?" He asked me quietly.

I shrugged slightly, allowing Harry to move me, as I just stayed there, too exhausted to move.

Harry kept trying to reassure me, holding me close as I tried to stay calm, and to forget what had just happened.

I exhaled shakily as he carried me downstairs, slowly, as if he had all the time in the world.

I stiffened upon seeing the others downstairs, knowing they'd want answers I didn't really have. But they didn't jump on me for an explanation like I thought they would.

Liam, talking on the phone, covered the end of it and blew me a kiss when he saw me looking at him, before carrying on with his conversation.

Harry walked us past them, and I realised I was still clinging onto his shirt tightly, my knuckles white, and shaking.

Niall was sat on the kitchen island, surrounded by paperwork, chatting to Zayn who looked to be cooking something.

Niall gave me a kiss on my forehead as Harry carried me over, Zayn smiling at me, reaching a hand out to brush the hair from my face.

It was clear they were trying to pretend it hadn't happened, and I appreciated the thought, they clearly didn't want to pressure me or upset me further. I knew I'd have to speak to them at some point but right now?

I just felt empty.

Harry kept a close hold of me as he made me a bottle, rubbing my back when I started coughing slightly.

It was strange I felt so safe with them all, the connection we had amazing. Even after my little memory freak out, I felt safe with them, safer than I'd felt in a long time.

And I knew, even with my past that tried to haunt me, they'd keep me safe.

I started as I felt something on my lips, realising Harry had brushed the nib of the bottle against my mouth.

I started drinking immediately, the warm milk settling my stomach as I relaxed into his hold.

He'd settled us in the armchair in the living room, and I breathed out a sigh of relief as a blanket was draped around us.

I didn't have to talk about what had happened, and I could let my other side out. My daddies would deal with everything, as they always did.

I sniffed, holding tight onto Harry as I snuggled further into his side. He made a funny noise, but hugged me tighter, which is all I wanted anyways, daddy making me feel so safe.

I felt slightly ... fuzzy? And a bit lightheaded, but I knew daddy would make it better.

AN:

I figured we needed a little more insight into Louis' past, even if it does have a little more angst than what I usually write!

I promise the next few chapters will be a bit more positive, and then I'm almost done on this book!

Hope everyone's okay, stay safe :)