Final Phase

"the fourth phase of the exam has just ended, will the applicants please return to the starting point at once? You will be given 1 hour of extra time if you do not return during this time you will fail the exam furthermore you are not allowed to exchange tags after reaching the starting points, anyone caught swapping tags will be disqualified" the voice of the announcer could be heard by all 4.

Walking through the brushes the group had finally made it to the site to which they were to stay.

"Gon, Yoru" Killua called out to the two.

"oh and 4 more make it last minute" the announcer said. A thumbs up was given to the boys by Killua.

"Killua" Gon said given the boy a thumbs up.

"I'm so tired" Yoru muttered but Leorio was definitely in a more ill state than him. Yoru turned back to look at Gon too see the boys eyes had trailed over to Hisoka who was staring right back at him.

"and now for the last members" the announcer said her clip board in hand as she began to write the participants down.

"#404, Kurapika-san" Kurapika held out his two tags Confidently.

"#403, Leorio-San" she continued. Leorio showed his tags though his smile was weak.

"#406, Yoru-san" the woman said a weak yawn came from the reincarnator

" and #405, Gon-san" the woman finished.

"these 10 applicants have passed the 4th phase of the hunter exam" she said excitedly raising her hand.

000

The hallway was empty as Yoru stared out the airships towards the clouds
An awkward silence that ended quickly as Leorio started a conversation.

"pathetic I needed the 3 of you to do everything for me during the fourth phase, I promise I'll return the favor t-thanks" Leorio said in a rather grateful tone which was a rather odd thing for him to do. A quick smile formed on all their faces.

"I have an announcement for all applicants, the chairman wishes to interview the remaining candidates" the speaker went off.

"interview?" Leorio said out curiously

"when your number is called please come to the first reception room in the second floor" the three boys looked surprised while Yoru on the other hand was thinking in what to say.

"then we will start with number 44 Hisoka" the announcer stated. Gons gaze cast off to the side after hearing his name, the group already knew who's Gons target was but didn't bother probing the boy.

"Yoru sorry about not trusting you" Kurapika said.

"n-no it's fine" the boy replied

"you were willing to trust me to get you guys out of that cave so I should be thanking you" Yoru stated. Kurapika let out a sigh of relief.

000

interview

"#44 is pretty dangerous and #301 is the one I don't want to fight most" Yoru stated truthfully he knew he had more of a chance with Hisoka than Illumi. Hisoka doesn't kill those he deems worthy and Illumi kills those he deems a threat.

"uhuh yup" the chairman said in his usual playful attitude. Standing up the boy exited the room
Walking over he noticed Kurapika and Gin talking most likely snout his experience with Hisoka.

Finally coming within hearing range he could feel Gons sadness as he spoke

"I was so mad I couldn't do anything about it..." tears flowed down the boys eyes as hard as he tried to keep it in Kurapika turned over to Yoru then back out the window rubbing his eyes Gon continued