real training begins

the redheaded boy accompanied by a green bean walked towards the sparring gym shivering at the thought of having to fight Netero.

"We don't get visits often apart from when he's visited by Zodiaks" the bean started a conversation. the hunter associations building was where the young boy had been staying a 70 story high building and a renter room located on the 20th floor.

"and to be honest it's been quite a while since Netero spent all his time on one student... about nine years to be exact" the bean stated hands-on chin as he stopped right outside the gym door.

"Mr. Netero had a student?" Yoru asked taken aback by the statement his eyes remained fixed on Mr. Bean to give an answer.

"I believe so a man by the name of Chantz I believe, he's a pro hunter who had the option of becoming a Zodiak" The bean continued

"wait he could've become a Zodiak? why'd he decline" Yoru asked uneasily at the beans words

"'too tedious of a job'" those were his words

"his two assistants should be here in two days to assist you," the bean said

"huh?! Why?!" Yoru asked determined to get an answer

"I'm not too sure myself but Chantz seemed quite interested in you" the bean stated 

'i don't remember him having a student this important in the anime apart from the dojo he stole' Yoru thought to himself his eyes remained on the green bean. the door was opened and Yoru was led into a gym one that was a lot larger than the one he had practiced with on the airship.

the oldman was stretching preparing to begin training Yoru.

"so your finally here," he said excitedly

the door closed behind him leaving just the two of them, the oldman walked towards a stack of balls located by the corner of the gym bringing one out and holding it out towards the boy.

"we'll be playing dodgeball," the oldman said smiling his eyes glimmering with excitement.

"wait but you're supposed to be teaching me how to use nen," the reincarnator said slightly annoyed.

"you're not ready," he said flatly it was hard for Yoru to get a read on the oldman as he constantly changed from happy to goofy to serious all so quickly.

"why not?" Yoru asked impatiently his eyes met Neteros and he refused to quit nagging the oldman until he gave a proper explanation.

"I'll explain it to you, once you've gotten the ball from me" a sly smile came from the oldman and a vein popped on Yorus head.

"you're underestimating me oldman, your standing on one leg, and you're only using your pinky to hold the ball, you'll regret giving me a handicap" Yoru confidently stated, the reincarnator knew that the old man had finetuned instincts but... he wasn't allowed to use nen and he had gotten a lot faster since the hunter exams began. mimicking Gon and rushing in with a quick first step which had caught Netero off guard Yoru attempted to reach the ball but his face was rammed into Neteros hand instead.

"When did I say I was going to be giving you a handicap?" the old man retorted

"THAT'S PLAYING DIRTY" Yoru yelled out in annoyance rushing the oldman again a series of attacks were made but all failed. the old man jumped back but Yoru quickly rushed him closing the distance quickly the ball just within reach a quick but was stopped by a precise punch to the gut stopped him in his tracks struggling for air he quickly got up only to see the oldman no longer stood there.

his shoulder was tapped lightly, he reacted quickly knowing who it was, and swung his arms at the person behind him only to see they had dodged it and his attempt was futile gasping for air he finally got his bearing back.