Learning Control

my attention focused on Calixto who warmed up excited for the fight, his eyes glimmered with excitement like with every other fight, his eyes remained on me as he jumped up and down warming himself up. i pulled out my knife spinning it on my fingers before getting grip of it once more, I took a glance once more towards the blue-haired boy.

"you better take me seriously, I have a nen absorbing knife" I stated loudly

"yeah yeah I get it lets just start" my eyes turned towards Elowen who signaled the match to begin. as usual the boy took initiative charging towards me with Ryu nen activated, he wasn't going to bother using his nen abilities?

"if that's the case then..." I transmuted my nen into heat though it was supposed to be fire it was already hot enough to be considered such throwing in a bit of Ko, I threw my fist in his direction, though he quickly took note easily avoiding the attack, he kept his nen at my level with us trading blows but my knife didn't seem to be able to reach him. he backed away completely looking at me disappointed at the results.

"this isn't working at all" he groaned putting his hands behind his head in a similar fashion to Killua.

"why, don't I use my nen ability? it would speed up the process, right?" he asked calmly

"please don't!" I said quickly. he ignored my request releasing his nen as high as he could and my knife quickly reacted to this, all the nen it had absorbed poured the wind and energy that expelled from the both of us was starting to break up the gymnasium walls despite how tough it was and as soon as I blinked I was no longer with Calixto nor Elowen.

3rd

the rain poured down on him as his body laid seemingly lifeless on the ground, his clothes were soaked and the mud had ruined his white teeshirt and black pants, tears ran down his cheek a familiar memory that his mind had kept buried down, his hand trembled and his eyes began to tear up.

was it all a dream?

the tears that welled up inside quickly came flooding down the side of his cheeks, rubbing his tears away he stood up wrapping his bag around his arms exiting the abandoned compound he began his walk home.

"travelling to a place like hunter x hunter was too good to be true" he contemplated to himself but the thought only caused his emotion to bubble up.

"damn it" he muttered to himself he grabbed his bus pass from his pocket showing it to the driver who he could see clearly had a look of pity on his face. taking a seat on the bus he looked out the window as he neared the city looking past the neon billboards and city skyscrapers that littered the streets towards the stars dotted behind the whispy cloud. he arrived at his house only to see a glowing white door that was situated just ahead of him "what's going on," he said to himself, he entered despite not knowing what would happen.

he looked forwards to see a familiar red-headed boy running with two who could easily be identified as his parents a blonde and a black-haired man, the knife he held was a familiar grey, the boy's eyes narrowed his body drenched with sweat as his parents forced him forwards he stumbled finally falling forwards his dad quickly got ahold of him with them charging through the dense rainforest. his head turned towards what they were running from a great fire that engulfed the forest that was quickly spreading, the light from the flames grew brighter and brighter but halted. the two ran forwards only to be met by a cliff and the raging waters that laid below the footsteps of a man whose figure was covered by the lack of moonlight that illuminated the area could be heard as he advanced more and more towards the couple, the young boy was quickly pushed off the cliff a bet most likely on whether or not he would survive could be seen on his parents face as their necks were snapped by the man.

1st persons POV

my eyes snapped open my breathing heavy and rushed to see myself slouched against the wall and a tired and bruised Calixto who was supported by his sister, nen threads wrapped around me quickly and she seemed just as exhausted as her brother.

"you never told us that you were a Kurta" he stated, my eyes widened

"are you back yet Yoru-Kun?" he asked once more

"he won't move don't worry" Elowen reassured

"the two of you are..."I trailed off to stare at their scarlet eyes.

"he's back," Calixto said, his sister released the thread and the both of them collapsed on the floor exhausted.

"What the-- hell--- absorbing nen is such an--- unfair ability," he said in between puffs.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TROUBLE WE WNT THROUGH JUST TO SUBDUE YOU" the blue-haired boy yelled, I looked towards the gymnasium which looked as though it were going to fall down upon us.

"I'm a Kurta?" I asked curiously ignoring his question.

"DONT PLAY DUMB WITH ME YOU FUCKTARD YOUR BULLSHIT AINT GONNA WORK ON ME" he yelled sharply.

"that explains their clothing" I ignored him once more before he could start his rambling.

"wait, who's clothing?," Elowen asked, one of the few times she genuinely cared to speak.

"no one's, It was nothing" I muttered under my breath

"tell us," she asked once more determine to know what he saw.

"as I said before it was nothing" I responded and her eyes narrowed in response Calixto seemed too oblivious to what was going on.

"Thanks for saving me by the way," I said trying my best to stand up only to slip and fall back down again.

"you'll be down for the day, maybe a week or a couple of months," he said unsure

"what did you do?"

"I used my nen ability" he responded

"you couldn't think of anything else?" I asked annoyed

"killing you would've been no problem" his sister reminded

"Yeah, yeah I get it," I said turning my head away from theirs.

it all felt so real and the boy's parents seemed familiar where had I seen them before?

 I was pulled out of my thoughts when the door to the gym opened revealing Netero who didn't seem the slightest bit surprised at what had happened and soon after medics rushed in after him. 

but I had learned something from that encounter.

those people that appeared in my head were all related to the original owner of this body.

but why were my memories involved?