Is This Nen?

the monkeys knew that I was trying to make my way to open grounds so they had surrounded me in advance it wouldn't I had been dodging their arrows as well as blocking it with the weights for a good minute as I had at least 50 minutes before the migraines set in. with the way things were going I might seriously die this time, getting back to my feet I threw a punch at a tree causing it to fall taking other trees with it like a bunch of dominos a pathway cleared I activated my ability once more looking around to see just a tiny speck of green lights turning it off I sprinted in the direction barely any monkeys were taking down during my struggle narrowing my eyes to see through this dense fog an arrow came to my direction narrowly missing me.

How the fuck do they see through this dense fog?

I'm just one person why are they trying so hard to get me?

these questions flooded my head, turning my head to look back only to notice i could only see 5 feet in front of me the string of a bow alerted me causing me to quickly dodge back only for another one to come, they knew not to come to close as they would be caught in an attack if i ever punched a tree down the only thing I could do was dodge. the first wave of migraines came in right as I prepared to dodge the arrow that had grazed my legs and landed by the ground next to me. my breath became heavy and the onslaught of arrows just kept coming. the two sides closed in on me.

Netero that old Bastard

but he wouldn't have put me up for something like this if he thought I wasn't ready, dodging the arrows I finally made a plan a simple one in fact since their eyes were built for fog it should somewhat reduce their accuracy, I managed using my bodies momentum from the weights I managed to punch another tree down struggling to I managed to pick up one of the trees hoisting it on my shoulder and hoisting it on my shoulder and launching it in their direction which made a clear path for me to sprint through using the tiniest bit of energy I had left the monkeys were still distracted I managed to make it passed their forces the mushroom that released the fog right in front.

I'll be killing you, a heavy punch to the mushroom causing it to explode a large chunk of steam causing me to guard my face a large number of arrows was fired in my direction. managing to avoid them a sharp sting became apparent on my left hand an arrow had made direct contact piercing my skin halfway through. I couldn't scream, screaming would only attract their attention but it hurt a lot my body shook but I kept advancing making it through the smoke and into an open field where they would have to leave their safe zone. pulling the arrow out blood cam rapidly pouring out of my skin.

I had managed to lose them 3 minutes till I begin to have migraines again I made it back to the stream I was at before washing out my wound in the cold water the blood wouldn't stop pouring out and I could feel myself getting weaker. I had to get food, I had a day without it but with the blood that I was constantly losing after that battle, I needed something to eat if I wanted to survive their next massacre my eyes narrowed down focusing slightly on the translucent water slight movement was detected by my orange eyes was movement and I was an idiot. A stream this large would definitely have some fish to the ecosystem but were they edible if by chance they weren't this would be the end of my adventure but if I didn't take them then my adventure will come to an end by a group of man-faced apes. I took off my shirt cleaning it by the pond before tightening it around my injury to try to stop the bleeding. I looked back towards the pond and sighed as I readied myself once again.

once again I sensed movement by the edge of the pond quickly throwing my hand towards it, the fish quickly swam away easily avoiding my hand, I didn't have the time to make a spear, so it was either this or make a spear while losing too much energy a sigh escaped my lips, I calmed my breathing once again quickly taking in my surroundings I exhaled as soon as I sensed movements within the water I threw all of my weight into one hand, grabbing it and pulling it out of the water it didn't move was it already dead? I inspected it closely noticing the distinctive white spots on it, it was a trout I exhaled in relief once again standing up I prepared to run but fell back on my knees when the migraines hit, it came at the worst possible time, my vision became blurry and I collapsed to the ground.

my eyes fluttered open my vision slightly blurry began to clear I examined my surroundings to see nothing but darkness and the slight light that seemed to peer in illuminated a slightly pink wall was I in a cave my eyes darted from side to side as I stood on my feet there was water underneath me but it didn't smell right.

f*ck

this was happening wasn't it, I was eaten by a frog in waiting.

"... damn it," I said aloud

"JUST GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK ALREADY!" panting out as I let my frustrations out my fish was gone and I was starving. getting out was going to be a piece of cake but with the onslaught of attacks, I began to lose my temper winding my hand back and launching it forward with as much force as possible letting the weights carry my arms I punched the walls all my energy seemingly absorbed by the wall but soon following after a large rumbling could clearly be heard and a flood of water I hoped it was came rushing at me and soon enough I was free of the frog in waiting. My shirt still wrapped around my arm I stood up prepared for the next attack the man-faced apes were going to perform, and assuming that the place during the 2nd part of the exam was still where it was located then it would be best to retreat towards it, but it didn't seem to show up on my senses meaning it wasn't safe there either a cloud of fog was puffed up by another mushroom-like creature drawing my attention towards it.

again?

how?

do they know my location?

my breathing got heavy but quickly got it under control again, quickly sprinting in the other direction. the stress the weights had on my body had lessened, I was moving quicker than before a blindingly quick arrow was shot in my direction grazing my legs ever so slightly, it was different than the last time they had shot it and I could see clearly what had happened. There was nen within it, my eyes could see nen an arrow was shot once again landing just a few feet in front of me breaking me out of my thoughts and causing me to quickly sprint in the other direction.

animals that can use nen

constantly knowing my location

perfect strategy that shouldn't be possible among the natives of this forest

no doubt this was a nen users doing. if I could see nen then could I use it? I looked down at my hands to see faints signs of it as I ran forward with no clear destination. I couldn't control the nen at all but without a doubt, I could feel it I looked back at the constantly increasing fog, I knew where the monkeys were located. I could feel the flow of nen but I couldn't control it, I needed to get away from these guys again activating the green lights to see where id be safe i quickly increased in speed, running forwards towards the trees, it was where the monkeys where most versatile and now that I was no longer in open space they could get closer for their shots I pushed through the forests damp brushes finally making it to the green area quickly making it passed the trees as I could back into the open green area group of 27 croc like creatures like the one I had encountered during the hunter's exams they seemed to be asleep. my eyes turned back to the monkeys who didn't dare advance a sly smile couldn't help but appear on my face quickly running past the group of crocs to turn back to the monkeys who still stared. the green was quickly replaced with a red which caused me to increase in speed to avoid any conflict between the two groups. I was safe. but even so how exactly should I go about controlling nen its a lot easier said than done, laying my back down leaning against a tree I got my breath before making another move. a growl came from my stomach, first objective get some food.

AN: hope you enjoyed the chapter

sorry it took so long for it to come out