Meeting Gon

Running out of the barbers at breakneck speed I rush towards the boat platforms in which were to be boarded. why may you be asking have I come out of the barbers? over my years in solitude training, my hair had grown quite a bit, not quite kite level but definitely long enough that would be difficult to take care of, my bag waving around in the air behind me I was quite a heavy eater even if there was food there'd be no guarantee I'd last until it was served. hurriedly rushing to the platform, I quickly board the boat along with others after this stop would be one more stop and we'd be at the place to which the hunter exam would be held. I turn my head as I descend the stairs turning to the door, I slowly open it. a dimly lit room filled with sleeping men and women turning my head a blonde reading a book and a sleeping green haired boy catch my attention. A storm rolled in just like in the anime most participants seemed to be filling the effects of it, I sighed in relief as I thanked kite for training me, if it weren't for him I'd probably be like the rest of the sick participants. The voice of an old man could be heard it was time to explain are reasons for becoming a hunter, it was one I had contemplated over the years would my reason be good enough.

At the Captains quarter

"first, tell me your names" the oldman said his voice sounded groggy.

"I'm Gon" the hyperactive boy said his hands high in the air

"I'm Kurapika" the blonde responded calmly

"its Leorio" the man said

"Yoru" I responded to the captains' questions

"why do you want to become hunters?" he asked as usual to the scene I turned to Leorio as expected the yelled in response.

"just answer the question" the man said clearly ignoring Leorios rambles

"My dad is a hunter I left whale island because I wanted to know why he desired so much to be a hunter" Gon replied excitedly instinctively out of impulse, the man stared at Gon most likely thinking of Ging.

"Oi kid you're not supposed to answer his question" Leorio shouted his voice hinted he was slightly annoyed.

"what if it's part of the hunter exam?" I interjected Leorio stared at me before going ballistics. Kurapika seemed to entertain the idea before trashing it. The examiner gazed at me for a little bit before questioning me.

"why do you want to be Hunter" he asked I turned back to him his face serious. I had thought about it for a while I wanted to get stronger sure but was that the only reason? during those five years my perception began to change. this wasn't my old world were things had almost already been discovered, this was a new place full of new people and possibly new things to do. I would become a hunter to go on adventures though they were dangerous I had to get used to that if I truly want to achieve my goal. When kite had asked me, he'd seen through me, he saw my fears and my doubts, I'll become a hunter not just for selfish reasons.

"to explore the world and be a hunter that kite would be proud of" I blurted out, why had I involved kite? was I really that attached to him? I threw my thoughts to the back of my mind the old man seemed shocked before turning to the others.

It was a genuine answer.

"not you to too" Leorio said

"why can't we tell him why we're here" Gon blurted out

"not a team player huh? I don't wish to reveal why I'm here" Leorio said as placed his finger upon Gons forehead

"I agree with Leorio" Kurapika firmly stated thought before he could continue Leorio had already began his rant. Kurapika ignored him completely and explained his reasoning