Treatment

Tina sat with her chin resting on her knees. She's looking out of the window, taking in the grounds of the hospital she had been moved too. Bette was getting her the best treatment. She had a private set of rooms and would still be able to see Xavier and Bette daily. She was watching the trees lightly moving in the wind that was gently rustling through the trees.

The door to her room opened and her doctor, Dr. Rebecca Sims walked into the room. She smiled at Tina.

"Morning Tina,"

"Hey," Tina said, her eyes not leaving the trees.

Sims walked into the room, closing the door. She took out her iPad and sat on a chair near Tina, still giving her space.

"How are you feeling today?" Sims asked slowly.

"I'm okay, missing my wife and son."

"They will be here for their daily visit later."

"As long as I talk to you," Tina remarked.

"You know it doesn't work like that Tina," Sims fired back.

Tina turned her head and looked at the doctor.

"Are you ready to talk to me a little?"

"Perhaps." Tina said slowly.

"What made you leave that night?"

"I woke, suddenly. It felt like a pressure on my chest. I was overwhelmed with so many feelings but the over arcing one was that I wasn't good enough for my son and he was better off without me. I've sat helpless beside him in hospital, when he was born early. He is a little fighter and is doing really well but that's not because of me."

"Why not because of you?"

"My body basically rejected my son, and I went into labour early. I've never felt less of a failure even when my father beat me," Tina's voice dropped.

"Why did you father beat you?" Sims asked.

There was a silence in the room. Tina tried to curl her body closer, she wrapped her arms around her legs tighter.

"He knew I was gay, I told him mistakenly. He...he was so respected and he thought that I would ruin that."

"How often did he hurt you?"

"A lot, I lost count. Mom didn't help me. I was her only child and she wouldn't protect me." Tina whispered.

"What happened to your parents?"

"They died in a car accident. Their breaks failed. Dad was drunk. There were a lot of factors." Tina said slowly.

"What was your relationship with your mom like?" Sims asked

Tina rubbed the back of her neck,

"She wanted what was best for me, I think. She wanted me to follow my father into law. I studied law to try and make them proud but art is my passion. She told me I wouldn't be able to make a living off it. She told me that I had to work harder at other subjects and not follow my heart towards art."

"You're an artist now?"

"Yes, when they died I bought the ranch I live on now. Set up The Tina Kennard Studio and started my art career,"