Photograph

Bette walked into the studio at the bottom of the garden. She rested against the door as Tina lay out a number of black and white photographs onto the counter, Tina had her hair up in a messy bun and was wearing a lose fitting shirt and jeans, every bit the artist. She was very deep in thought. Bette walked In and put the bottle of water onto another table. She looked at the photos on the counter. Photos of Tina's burnt out house and garage. Bette knew that Tina had gone back recently but she hadn't released that she had taken her camera with her. Bette picked one up, it showed a painting burned into the wood from the garage. it was an amazing photograph. Bette knew her woman was very talented.

"These are amazing," Bette put the photo back ground.

"Thank you, I thought I could use them in the show as a piece called Ashes."

"one piece?"

"Yes, I have a plan for that canvases." She pointed to a massive canvases against the far wall which had she had already painted black with grey thrown in now and again.

Bette walked over and looked at it, it looked like ash has been thrown at it. The piece was taking shape.

"You're just so fucking talented Tina. I hate that you've lost so much work but it's but a fire under your ass," Bette turned. "I'm so proud of you, I can't wait to show your work in the gallery."

Tina grinned. She loved how passionate Bette was about her work.

"Thanks, erm,"

"What is it?" Bette asked

"The insurance money has come through today. If you want me to leave..."

"Leave?" Bette looked confused. "Why would I want you to leave?"

"Well I thought this was just a temp arrangement while I waited for the money to rebuild the house and studio,"

"Do you want to leave?" Bette asked, scared of the answer she could get. she was getting very used to living with Tina, she loved it in fact she was deeply in love with this woman and she was scared that Tina really didn't feel the same.

"No," Tina said honest.

Bette let out a breath she hadn't realised she was holding.

"I don't want you to leave either, you can put the money in your account, do whatever you want with it, but I'd rather you were here with me. selfishly I suppose. I love you Tina. you know that. I don't want to be away from you. I want to be with you, I love living with you..."

"I love living with you too. You've changed my world. I just thought that with the money coming through you'd want me out."

"I would never want you out. if you're happy here that's all I want. I want to make you happy, if you want to rebuild on the land or sell the land its up to you. I just want you to be happy,"

Tina walked around to Bette and slipped her arms around her neck, Bette's arms automatically resting on Tina hips.

"You make me happy. I mean it Bette you've changed my life. I want to be with you, as long as you want me,"

"Baby you know I want you," Bette smiled.

Tina grinned before moving forward and capturing Bette's soft lips in an open mouthed and messy kiss. Bette's hands slid down Tina's body and round the curve of her ass, pulling Tina closer to her. Tina pulled back from the kiss, her body shaking. her mind racing. she ran her fingers through Bette's hair. looking deep into her eyes.