Opening Night

Tina stood in front of the fall length mirror in her new bathroom, she had put her hair letting a few bits of her blonde hair fall over her face, she had applied light make up and was now putting her jacket on, tonight she was wearing a tailor made suit, with a crisp white shirt.

Bette walked in and smiled. She loved when Tina was dressed up but she knew that Tina was more comfortable in jeans and a sloppy t-shirt and Bette realised that she loved Tina in either look. she walked behind her and gently put her head onto her shoulder. Kissing her neck.

"You look stunning," Bette whispered into her ear.

"Thank you," Tina blushed. She always did when Bette said something so positive and nice to her.

"Are you ready?"

"No, but I never am,"

"It's going to be okay." Tina turned and took in Bette's look and smiled. Bette was wearing a tight fitting dress and heels. she looked stunning, her hair lose around her face.

"Wow," Tina said.

Bette grinned.

"Not the reaction I was hoping for but I will take it,"

"What were you hoping for?" Tina asked,

"Fuck me," Bette laughed

"If you're lucky later." Tina said without thinking.

Bette laughed.

"Wow that's the first time you've been some blunt."

"Was it too much?" Tina asked panicking. She was already worried she would say something wrong this evening.

"Ti, babe." Bette took her hands and rubbed her nose against Tina's. "It's fine. The car is here, are you ready?"

"Yes," Tina picked up her wallet and put it into her pocket. She took Bette's hand, she was shaking. her nervous were getting the better of her, tonight was all on her, all the joint or group shows she had one there had been a team but all the work tonight was hers. Everything was on her. she knew she had sold two pieces already but one was to Bette and really didn't count.

She took a deep breath as Bette set the alarm and locked the house.

"Before we go I want you to know I'm very proud of you." Bette smiled. and kissed Tina's lips softly.

"Thank you" Tina wanted to cry but knew she couldn't. if she started now she was going to cry every time someone said a nice thing to her.

***

The Gallery was busy, the press, critics, members of the public as well as Bette's friends were all milling around. Tina stood off to one side just taking it all in. she couldn't believe it. people were talking and acting very positively towards her work. she was listening and taking in the sites and sounds the wine and food was following and she'd seen a number of Bette's team out with card readers as well as putting out stickers on pieces.

Bette walked over followed by an older lady in an expensive suit.

"Peggy I would like you too meet Tina Kennard." Bette said softly standing beside Tina.

"Darling it's lovely to meet you, "Peggy smiled and shook Tina's hand.

"You too," Tina said softly, her voice shaking with a little fear.