Yellowstone Evening

Tina sat on the steps of the back porch of the cabin, a glass of experience wine in her hand as she watched the colours of the sky change as the sun began to set. Bette walked out, barefoot. Her own glass of wine in her hand and sat herself beside her wife. for the first time in a long time, Tina rested her head against her wife's arm,

"This view is stunning," Tina said softly.

"It's a remarkable sky." Bette smiled,

"It's moments like this, that makes me grateful that I'm alive." Tina whispered.

Bette took a sip of her wine.

"I'm grateful everyday that you're still alive." Bette said honestly.

"I've never said sorry," Tina said softly, "Not really,"

"What do you mean you've said sorry." Bette was confused.

"Honey, I kissed our son and left our house, I don't know how you trusted me ever again,"

"I trust you, I love you," Bette smiled putting her glass to one side. She wrapped her arms around her wife.

"I don't know how you cope with me sometimes," Tina grinned

"That's easy," Bette laughed, "Everyday in some way you make me smile."

"Is that your way of saying I make you happy," Tina asked as she snuggled into Bette.

"Yes, we have two lovely kids, we have a great home but I'm the luckiest woman alive because you love me,"

Tina licked her lips, before biting gently on her bottom lip.

"I think you are slightly wrong there," Tina smiled. "I'm lucky you love me. I'm lucky you've never given up on me. I know its tough some days."

"It is but I wouldn't change it. If I was going to walk I'd have walked a long time ago,"

"You had ever right too," Tina said, snuggling deeper. "My life shouldn't have fallen apart. I try so hard on a daily bases to keep it together. I'm sorry for my bad days."

"We all have them,"

"B, we know mine are worse than most,"

"I know, I know. I love you Tina,"

"I love you too."

Bette kissed the side of her head as they both watched the sun disappear.

****

Bette ran her fingers down Tina's naked spine, watching her shiver. She loved taking in every mark. Every pattern of her skin. She loved her wife more than anything else in the world. last night after they'd had a frank and honest conversation. They had made love and fallen asleep for a little while. Bette had woken up, slowly. She moved Tina's blonde hair away from her neck and kissed it softly.

"I'm awake B," Tina smiled.

"I was just enjoy your nakedness,"

Tina rolled over and pulled the sheets up.

"My nakedness,"

"Yeah, you're sexy pale skin. You're silky skin. The smell of your shampoo."

"You're a sweet talker when you want to be,"

"I try, I used to be known for it,"

"When you were a player?"

"I was never a player,"

"Yes you were," Tina smiled as she reached over and flicked Bette's hair over Bette's shoulder. "We know you were. You loved it. The attention,"

"I only attention I want now is from you and our children."

"I'm glad we can do that for you,"

"What ground you?"

"Yes ground me. I love you so much." Bette lent forward and kissed her. Tina pulled back and smiled before seeing the time. She slowly got up, wrapping herself in a towel robe. She got opened her bag and took out her medication. Bette watched as Tina took her Medication and drank nearly half a bottle of water.

"You okay?" Bette asked

"Yeah, sorry." Tina said slowly. "I'm going to need to eat,"

"I can make us some roast beef sandwiches."

"That would be amazing, I'm just going to have a shower,"

"Okay,"

Tina left the room.

Bette got out of bed and dressed in a thin tank top and baggy yoga pants. she went into the kitchen, she started to make the sandwiches, she turned the radio on. she put the half baked bread into the oven and started to heat up the beef. She made some gravy. Pouring herself and Tina a glass of wine.

Tina came out of the bathroom in a towel.

"Honey," She whispered.

Bette looked at her, she could tell at once that something was wrong.

"Ti," Bette walked over to her and gently touched her face. "What is it?"

"I..." Tina's eyes rolled into the back of her head and she fainted into Bette's arms.

Bette moved her to the sofa putting her wife in to the recovery position and then picked up her cell phone.

"Hello can I have an ambulance please...yeah...Yellowstone park...sure..." Bette gave the address. She put the phone down and made sure her wife was still breathing. "I'm here Tina. It's going to be okay. Why the fuck is this happening again? "