A wake up call

Tina opened her eyes, feeling the warm embrace of Bette as Bette spooned her from behind her cell as ringing. She shook her head and sat up, Bette's arms sliding down to her hip. She smiled as she felt Bette's fingers tickling her skin.

"Where are you going?" Bette's voice was full of sleep.

"No where babe, I'm just answering the phone." She smiled as she picked her cell up from the bedside table and saw Claire's name. She took a deep breath and answered it "Hello,"

"Wow thank God you're not dead, I sent you about fifteen texts where the hell are you?"

"Hello, would be nice you know?" Tina said, sitting up and moving the pillows to lean against the headboard as Bette wrapped her arms around her middle and snuggled into her hip. Tina let her free hand fall she started to play with Bette's silk like hair.

"Hello, now were the fuck are you?"

"New York." Tina said softly. she could see that Bette was waking up but she didn't want her to move and by the look of it Bette was going nowhere.

"What are you doing in New York?" Claire asked. She was confused, Tina hadn't told her she was going because she hadn't wanted the lecture about Bette.

"Bette..."

"Are you with Bette fucking Porter? TI, I told you. she can't be trusted what are you doing?" Claire started demanding, Tina knew she was drunk, she could hear it in her face, she also knew it was late night in LA as it was early morning in New York.

"Claire I'm not getting into this with you, who I trust or want to be with me is my choose. Not yours. I love you as a friend, I do but you're being really overprotective and I don't' know why. You've always told me you are straight but you seem to know a lot about Bette."

"That's because she fucked me and left me Tina, don't you get it. she will do the same to you,"

"Wh...wh...what?" Tina pulled away from Bette and got out of bed, Bette looked at her confused. As Tina wrapped herself in a towel robe and sat on the chair in the room almost curling into a ball.

"I'm bi sexual Tina, God you must have noticed, I went to a club about five years ago with the office and meet Bette. we had sex on my apartment floor and then she left. She's not good enough for you."

Tina felt tears running down he face.

"You don't get it do you," Tina said her voice shaking, Bette got up, putting her own robe on and came to Tina but when she reached out Tina pulled away. Bette looked at her confused.

"What's to get, she'll fuck you and leave you. how the hell you getting home from New York if she just leaves you there. how stupid can you be Tina."

"I'm not stupid,"

That broke Bette's heart and she took the phone

"Claire," Bette said slowly

"Bette fucking Porter, give the phone back to Tina," Claire demanded.

"What so you can insult her? is that what you do to your friends insult them."

"Better than fucking them and leaving them." Claire spat back

"I don't remember you, I don't know you. I know Joyce and whatever you've just said to Tina has upset her greatly and I will not have that."