Light and Dark

Tina lay on her side, her body almost curled up into itself she was in pain, she felt drained and the chemo was starting to take rather drastic affect on her body. she was wrapped in a large blanket. In the middle of her and Bette's large bed. She had her eyes closed trying to get her body to relax. She wanted to forget the pain. Physical pain was worse than the mental pain she had bore for so long.

Bette walked in, she hated seeing her wife like this. It felt like she couldn't help her. she walked over and sat on the bed, she gently ran the back of her fingers along her wife's cheek. Feeling that she was warm enough. She reached down and kissed her wife's forehead.

"You're stronger than you know," Bette whispered. Her lips still on her wife's forehead.

Tina slowly opened her eyes and looked at her wife. she smiled softly. She wanted to reach out and touch her but she couldn't. she didn't have the energy too.

"What can I do for you?" Bette asked,

"Some fresh water, would be great," Tina whispered.

"That can be arranged, I'll be back,"

"Never say that in a horror film,"

Bette laughed as she went to get her wife a bottle of water.

Tina smiled to herself, as she closed her eyes again,

Bette got her water and came back.

"Where are the kids?" Tina ask softly, not bothering to open her eyes.

Bette got onto the bed and put the water to one side before she rubbed her wife's shoulders.

"Kit has taken them out, they will be home soon,"

"Mmm, good, I like them close,"

"I can get that." Bette rubbed Tina's shoulder, she knew that Tina had been losing weight and the weight loss was making her cold. "How are you feeling?"

"I've lived with mental pain for a very long time, but I'm not sure I can cope with this physical pain." Tina admitted.

"I hate seeing you in pain,"

"it won't last long a few more weeks of chemo, hopefully we can then have some good news."

"I think you'll be happier when you can draw and paint,"

"Yeah the thought of it right now takes up too much energy." Tina admitted. "This is the longest I've ever gone without working on anything. I would love to be in the studio but I don't think I've got the energy to get downstairs never mind outside."

"You will get your energy back and we will get you healthy again,"

"You're very sure of that,"

"Of course I am," Bette smiled.

"How is the gallery?" Tina said wanting some normal in her life.

"Good, we've four new artist in this week, James sent me some photos and I've asked him to move six pieces around to make it flow more. Also got the sample leaflets for the show and they are going to have to change them as well,"

"Why?"

"Because Xavier could have done a better job,"

Tina laughed softly.