Hospital, Home

Bette sat on the uncomfortable chair next to Tina's bed. The nurses and the doctors were buzzing around. Tina had been for a number of scans. she was now resting. Her eyes closed. Bette knew she was weak, since arriving into the hospital she had had a further four seizures. Bette slowly reached out and gently took her hand. gently playing with Tina's wedding ring. Bette's brain was working a mile a minute at the moment. she wanted answers to what was happening as this was the last thing she had expected. They had been through so much.

Tina's eyes slowly opened her eyes and looked at her wife, who was frowning and looking intently at Tina's hand. Tina smiled softly,

"You are very cute when you frown," Tina whispered.

Bette looked at up and smiled.

"I'm not," Bette replied softly.

"You do look better when you smile," Tina whispered back. she blinked a couple of times, her eyes still felt heavy.

"If you need to rest, please do."

"I love you B," Tina yawned as she spoke. She took in the small private room she was in, the IV in in her arm, the machines around her.

"I love you too Ti, you're amazing. rest baby please."

Tina simply nodded, closing her eyes again she falls asleep again with in minutes. Bette watches her sleep for a while.

There is a light knock on the door. Bette looked up as Shane poked her head into the room,

"Can I get you a drink? Something to eat?" Shane asked,

"Erm, I better eat," Bette reached over and picked up her purse and took out a twenty. "Can you get me a sandwich and maybe a coffee,"

"Sure," Shane looked at Tina sleeping. "Is she okay?"

"For now yeah." Bette nodded as she spoke. She looked back at her wife.

"Okay, I'll be back as soon as I can,"

"Thanks Shane,"

Shane just nodded and left. Bette rubbed her head. she hoped they could find out what was happening.

The door opened and a doctor and nurse walked in. The doctor was making notes as he came and they started to doing Tina's vitals.

"Do you know what is going on with my wife?"

"Tina is perfectly heathy, the scans have come back clear."

"Then why has she had seizure."

"Her body is reacting to exhaustion. From speaking to her when she arrived she's been living off three to four hours sleep. That's not enough for her body to recharge her body is giving up on her. She needs to get more sleep. She needs to eat well and take a good amount of water. she needs to start looking after herself otherwise this will keep happening. We are happy to discharge her."

"Thank you," Bette said. "I will look after her."

"It's going to take a few hours to get her discharged, we are going to give her some medication. Some to help her sleep. We need to make sure that we can keep her calm and healthy."

"Thank you, she will do better at home,"

"You don't live in the city?"

"No, we have a ranch ten miles away. the air is better there. she's happier there"

"The air being better. she needs a few days rest. She needs to listen to her body."

"Thank you,"

"I'll be back later to sign her out. but I warn you, if she doesn't start looking after herself, she's going to end up back here." he was very serious and Bette knew that she had to try and help her wife rest.

***

Bette and Shane had got Tina home and helped her to bed, she went to sleep as soon as her head hit the pillow and Bette and Shane had left her. Bette opened the fridge and took out a couple of bottles of water and passed one Shane.

"You must be relieved that she's home," Shane said as she sat on a stool at the island.

"I am, she's scared me in the last few hours."

"She needs to listen to her body,"

"I don't think we will be out much in the next couple of week. I want her home and safe. I need to look after her."

"I can understand that," Shane said.

"I can't lose her Shane."

"You're not going to lose her." Shane said slowly. "She's just going to have to look after herself better."

"I didn't know she wasn't getting enough sleep. She's been living off about three hours a day. that's terrible. Her mind must be tired all the time."

"She needs to talk to you,"

"She does talk to me, I just think since Claire she's not been sleeping. I need to be here for her more."

"You're doing amazingly. We will all support you and Tina."

"Thank you, you're a good friend," Bette smiled. she yawned.

"Right I'm going to leave, you need to sleep as well. You need to rest."

"I will, thanks Shane,"

"Call me if you need me," Shane said as she left.

Bette locked up the house, before heading upstairs, she waked into the bedroom and smiled, as Tina was sleeping on her stomach in the middle of the bed. The sheets had slipped down her back she was fast asleep.

Bette stripped, she showered and then slipped on a tank top and shorts. Bette got into her side of the bed and smiled as she opened her arms and Tina moved her in her sleep to wrapped herself around Bette. Bette kissed the top of her wife's head before drifting off to sleep.