That's why I'm called X

Start from the beginning

Axel claims his 'big brother protection' is enough but he moved his stone body away from the wall and took a seat next to me.

I cautiously opened the card considering this is my brother. A small key chain fob fell onto my lap.

"Am I missing something here?"

It is a strange gift and as much as him explaining things in a patronising matter gets on my nerves I'll never find out otherwise.

"That baby sis is the key to the top level of the Red Skye"

My mind blew "You're giving me a penthouse of one of your hotels?"

He nodded leaning back "Well, it was going to be yours anyway and since you still live here I thought giving you a little escape would be good"

I squealed and gave him a massive hug, he chuckled. We bicker like every sibling but no matter what we've always been close.

I've been developing a house for a few months. It's crazy to think how a high school student can move into a house on their own but Axel was out way before me. My parents were keener to get him out than me, that's why I'm the self-proclaimed favourite child, they'll be lost without me.

"SKYE" Blake shouted from the front door "Someone's here to see you" I excused myself from the girls

"Who is it?"

My eyes were met with someone I didn't expect and I wasn't sure how to feel "An idiot that needs to apologise" Grayson said with visible guilt

"I'll leave you to it" Blake said awkwardly sneaking away. I cursed him for abandoning me.

This was going to happen sooner or later I just didn't expect it to be on my birthday.

"Why are you here Grayson?" I said in a drawn out voice

"Because I owe you an apology for my actions, I never intended to hurt you" He sounded sincere but it could just be his way at an easy life.

"You think after nearly a week and all the crazy shit you said to me I'll just forgive and forget"

His grey eyes that I knew could make me risk it all stared into mine "I said it to piss you off, I know it was wrong"

"Yeah, I'll say" I scoffed, tearing my eyes away. I shook my head and backed away.

My body came to a jolt when my arm was taken gripped off. Only Grayson dares to do that to me.

"Don't do this Skye" his voice sounding stubborn just like his personality

I groaned returning to him "Do what exactly?"

"Push me away. As soon as someone comes too close to you, you push them away" He wasn't wrong.

"I screwed up with Jessica but you have to believe me, nothing happened"

Strangely I did believe him. I may have jumped the gun. I moved my arm away from him walking closer.

"If nothing happened why did you lie to me?"

"Because I knew you didn't like her but I assumed it was just to do with your families" he raised his hand brushing a piece of hair behind my ear "I never would have agreed to do it if I knew what she did with Tyler"

The simple mention of his name brought the memory of the birthday card to my mind just when I thought I'd forget it.

I wanted to argue and ask him how he knew but I can make an educated guess leading to Brooke, at least her hearts in the right place.