79. Young Hopes Still Alive

Start from the beginning

Tiberious was horrified and quickly thought of a convincing answer to give this insane witch " Well. what? no. no. no. Let me explain. He is .... he is not speaking to you because he is very conservative. He doesn't date. He is waiting for his blood match. His uncles family who brought him up were very traditional so his upbringing dictates that he has to try to wait for the one meant for him by fate. Many believe that in Arkansas as you know. He has been taught all his life to welll .... wait for his blood match rather than you know play around with girls who are meant for another man and would never belong to him truely. Since he is eighteen, he is too young. Finding his blood match won't happen for another three years. So you are in for a long wait Diodora. Go find another man for yourself. Zachary has never ever dated anyone in his life. i dont think he even has even kissed a girl on the cheek so you cant blame him that he is keeping his distance from you. Well, you are also master's cousin. If he rejects you based on his traditional beliefs then you might order his death like you just did for his non existant girlfriend so silence is the best policy for him surely."

Zachary applauded Tiberious in his mind. He now believed that Tiberious was truely a genius. he had come up with an explanation so quickly to save him from being touched by this monster woman against his will. He owed Tiberious big time. Now he was thinking of ways on how to save Serena from her faith. He just had to wait and maybe get Tiberious's help now.

Diodora looked sad suddenly and turned to Zachary " Oh bless your heart. Is that why you do not speak? You are too worried I would kill you if you reject me? I wish I had met you before. But I had to be home schooled in palace so I wouldn't know any nobles from the academy and you surely were never brought to the palace gatherings. Oh of course. Your family must have been noble outcasts and it makes sense if they never were invited to the palace. I knew that a noble like you shouldn't have escaped my eye. I vow today that I will make you fall in love with me."

Tiberious asked quickly " You forgot to respond to my request about Commander Serena's release. I think you should drop the charges. Her actions were fuellled by common sense rather than empathy. Come on Diodora. She is a commander. You cant send her down without a proper trial in master's presence. Do you reallly want to start a lengthy trial today on your first day for something so insignificant?"

Diodora turned to Tiberious and she spoke "I couldnt care less about Serena's faith. She deserves the dungeons and a painful death for going against me. I dont care if it was common sense on her part. But since you insist. I like to make it interesting. I will ask Zachary what he thinks. Zachary tells me what I should do with Serena for her bold move and I will grant his wish, whatever it maybe. Even if he asks me to kill her on the spot I will do it reluctantly. Well I love tormenting my victims. I really do. But I would ask him one thing in return. I love games especially ones that involve peoples faiths" She then turned to Zachary " All right handsome. Speak now. I am bored of admiring you while you are silent. Silence time is over. Speak. I want to know what you like me to do with that low life woman Serena. Not that she is worthy to be even mentioned by you with your beautiful voice but what I can say I love playing games. Tell me. What I should I do with her."

Diodora had no idea how outrageous and ironic her words were. Zachary wanted so badly to attack Diodora but he knew the consequences of attacking a palace member. She was Lady Leonas niece. The sanction for attacking her was death for him and also surely for his family if master was going to be merciful. So Zachary collected all his strength and found his voice " You must forgive and forget Serena's deeds. She meant no harm. Release her please."

Diodora narrowed her eyes and started touching Zacharys cheeks again silently. She then moved to stroking his neck " Oh. You are so irressistable to me right now. I cant believe you witheld your musical voice from me all this time. I have to accept. I could never refuse those deep blue pleading eyes of yours. I would order her release immidiately if you join me and Tiberious at the table in that corner. I see that you are too conservative to date but you can socialise and try to like people. What do you say. Deal or no deal?"