169. Young Dystopian Lives

Arethusa was just coming back to the castle after the usual dinner time gathering at the palace. She wanted to stay there afterwards to comfort Aretha but it was not possible since Lady Leona was the one controlling what Aretha could do during her house arrest and Aretha was supposed to see Athena and then was meant to rest.

Arethusa was frustrated. " Why did everything had to go so wrong? And why everybody's control of their lives was down to Dante, his rules, his enforcers? She didn't enjoy life at all." She thought to herself.

As she was walking in the castles gardens, she got to the red lake. She decided to take her anger out at the lake. She threw a force sphere at the lake making large waves. She then started playing with the waves making shapes. But then she sensed the danger. There were creatures in that lake. They were angry to be disturbed. She was frozen in place as she sensed the Ronas era creatures that only the Ronas could control. They were coming to the surface as fire rings and ice caps took over the lake. They were in war mode. She put up her shield ready to defend herself. As she braced herself for an attack, suddenly all went peaceful just as she felt him standing behind her. Octavian had made everything go back to normal with one spell. She envied him so much for being so powerful.

Arethusa was afraid to turn around. She could feel Octavian was not happy at all with her actions. She heard his dispeased voice "Arethusa ....... Do you have any idea what would have happened if I hadn't arrived on time? How many times have I told you not to mess around with anything at this castle?"

Arethusa cleared her throat and spoke quickly without turning around " You told me a few times. I am sorry. But thank you Octavian. I was on my way to my room but I got into trouble. This place is not safe at all. I should go to my room now."

As she tried to take a step away she bumped into his rock hard chest. She slowly looked up and saw him frowning with narrowed eyes. He shook his head " Can you also explain to me where are the enforcers I assigned you to watch over you tonight?"

Arethusa bit her lip and murmured "I got rid of them. I knocked them out as I left the palace. I endured them following me all day. But come on. I dont really need someone watching em when I want to come back to this castle. Its not like I can go anywhere without you finding out. I just wanted to walk in the gardens without them breathing down my neck. I dont like being watched. I am really sorry"She then gave him the most sincerest smile she could manage.

Octavian raised an eyebrow " You don't like being watched. Is that the best excuse you can come up with? If you dont want to be watched then act like a loyal blood match and I would speak to master to let you walk around without surveillance. I don't think that's going to happen any time soon since I just walked out of an important meeting with master to come save you. Master was amused how you attacked his red lake but not pleased. So you just most likely bought yourself more weeks of survailance since you just proved you are not used to life in a Ronas land. Learn our ways and then there will be no enforcers watching."

Arethusa sighed " But ...."

Octavian spoke " No buts. Now I am going to drop you off in your room. I would post some Enforcers outside. Wait for me. We may have some time to ourselves tonight." He then winked.

Arerhusa cringed " Thats too soon. Remember Athenas warnings. I am too young for anything you have in mind. I am seventeen. You are eighteen."

Octavian spoke " And what do I exactly have in mind?"

Arethusa spoke " Nothing good."

Octavian spoke " I was thinking of taking you out to the Noble night club for a few drinks. I heard every one of the junior commanders that you socialise with are there tonight too since its special fireworks night. But if you think that's not good, fine then. I am going to drop you off in your room, get some enforcers to guard your door and would bid you good night." He then teleported them to Arethusa's room.