92. Broken Up to Pieces (part 1)

Zachary and Xanthos were being escorted to Sabrina's cell with about a dozen guards. Once they found themselves in front of Sabrina's cell, they found themselves surrounded by another set of dozen guards. The head enforcer leading the guards spoke; " We will be waiting to accompany you back. Please dont be offended by the number of guards watching you enter the compound. As you are aware, we , prison enforcers have orders to accompany all members of the army visiting these highly important criminals only for the benefit of the visitors. If a criminal escapes, the investigation process to shortlisr suspects wont include visitors who have supervised visits. So this is for covering you just in case ...."

Xanthos spoke harshly " If you know what's good for you, I suggest you hold your tongue right there. Stop re telling your superiors regarding the rules. We know it all. I suggest you keep your eyes open to spot any foreign intruders. Now we will take as long as we wish inside this prison cell. You will wait here outside. We will leave when we feel like it. You don't disturb us or you will be begging on your knees soon for your life. Is that clear."

Zachary felt sorry for the guards who looked as pale as chalk and shakily nodding their heads. They knew who Xanthos was and had witnessed what his older sibling, commander Xavier was capable of first hand. No one surely now was going to disturb them.

As Zachary and Xanthos entered the cell, the door was sealed immediately. Behind them and the unconscious and bound form of Sabrina on a bed in the corner became visible.

Zachary sighed in relief as he felt healtier waves from Sabrina. She hadnt been tormented too much today., Maybe because the focus was on Elisha and Oberon. If those golden strings were removed from around her wrists, she could be even better of course. but those ties that bound her hands to the headboard of the bed were almost compulsary. Only healers could instruct yo remove them if there was threat of death only.

Zavhary turned to Xanthos and spoke " You know, you didn't need to threaten them. Those poor souls were shaking like leaves because of your threat. Don't intimidate them like this again."

Xanthos spoke " I have my way. You have yours. Just keep out of my business Zachary and I will also keep out of yours. I could lecture you for using peaceful methods, but I don't. Do I? Since you are Zelina's brother, I am trying hard to ignore your lack of faith in my descent Ronas approved methods. So I recommend you to keep such complaints hidden from others if you know what's good for you."

Zachary narrowed his eyes " Is that a threat?"

Xanthos sighed " Take it any way you want. I don't like us to argue about this now. Zelina is waiting for me right now. Go ahead. Knock out that traitor on the bed and put her in a deep coma. If I detect Xavier getting close, then I will distract him. I am going to stand next to the door. Go on then man. Now is not the time to try to settle our differences in applying violence in situations. Go on then. Don't tempt me to put her in a coma myself. I warn you. I don't hold back. I may damage her brain too in the process and then she won't woke up in a very long time."

Zachary shook his head " I don't understand what Zelina sees in you. Sabrina is her best friend. How can you speak about her like this."

Xanthos spoke " Past tense. Sabrina was her friend. No more. Sabrina is an enemy of Arkansas now. Don't get me started. Get on with it. Trust me if Xavier finds out we are here to ruin his fun right now, then I would be the least of your worries. He is going to put us on night shifts for months. Believe me. Do it man. Get it over and done with. Put Sabrina in a coma so Xavier can't get any screams out of her even if he tried. This would ruin his plans for sure. He likes to hear screams. When he walks in, I tell you that those guards who are out there would have hell to pay. He is going to take it out on them."