16. The Castle of Spears

Dante was now focusing on the 11 burgundy coloured stones he had spread around his throne room. He closed his eyes and summoned his most trusted members of his army.
And within seconds 10 figures with black cloaks and one with his distinct white cloak appeared in front of him. As they touched the ground, the 10 figures knelt on one knee and bent their heads down avoiding eye contact as though their lives depended on it.

Demetrious stood tall with his white cloak. He held his head high and was staring at his brother with a mixture of emotions. There were many questions running through Demetrious's head; "Was there any point joining the commanders? Was it worth risking his life for?. " All could be answered in due time.

Dante smirked at the sight of his brother standing in front of him. At last he had him where he wanted him all these years. Dante never felt threatened by Demetrious but he was not thrilled every time his mother came to his younger brother's rescue. Now it was the moment Demetrious had to be put on the spot.

Dante turned his back to his commanders and walked up to sit on his throne. He stared at his commanders. All were here now; xavier, sean, benjamin, nathan, alexander, edwin, edward, tanya, flora, lucia and of course his little brother. all ready to report to him about what they had done in the past three days. But first things first. He gestured for Demetrious to come closer and pointed to a spot on his right hand side. Demetrious walked slowly and stood half turned towards the commanders and also slightly facing Dante too. It was obvious he was about to be introduced as the new recruit.

"Very well, you may rise. You are also permitted to look up commanders. We have a new recruit tonight. As you know, my brother turned 18 recently and naturally he became the next candidate to join us. He will be my second in command eventually after he turns 21. For now, he will join any division I order him to serve. But I must warn you, Demetrious shares my bloodline. Even though he is now your colleague as a commander, he is still my brother. So any interaction with him outside the field of your instructions that may imply disrespect towards him would not be tolerated in any shape or form. I assure you."
Then he addressed Demetrious directly. "Welcome aboard commander. Now you may take your place next to Lucia." And he watched his brother with interest as he walked slowly to where Lucia was standing and faced Dante.

" now let's make an introduction to this location, you have been summoned to. Welcome to the castle of spears."

All men gasped at his revelation. The look of shock and admiration was visible in all faces. But of course all he could see in Demetrious's eyes was pure horror.

"Your interruption is forgiven. I can feel your waves of awe and disbelief. I conjured this castle from the depths of the earth and it is our meeting base from now on. This castle is located at the far side of the south region of Ronas properties. You may know this region as the forbidden zone where no guards, servants or fighters are allowed. However, soon it will change. I will be ruling my territories from this very throne room you are standing in."
"Now that the introductions are over, lets hear your daily reports. Lucia, you may begin."

Lucia was abit startled to be called upon as the first one to report today. When her master picked the order, there were two scenarios for the ones to go first. Her master was either eager to hear from them about their mission or he was disappointed in their under performance and wanted to make an example of them in front of the other commanders.

Lucia took a shaky breath and started her report. She gave vivid descriptions of all the territories she had lead her army to find the wanted list who had held Dante captive for three months. The same army had accompanied her that had murdered every last vampire in Quebec. Accompanying Lucia on this mission was their only option for redemption and from the sound of the report, they had performed outstandingly well.