49. Initiation Dance (Part 3)

Zachary was walking alongside Bethany, Xanthos and Zelina. They were walking hand in hand inside the recruitment building going through the reception area and security checks. The rest of Xanthos's gang were also following closely behind them.

Rowlen had obviously asked or told Serena to accompany him to the event so there were no surprises there.

Bethany's brother, Blake had decided to boldly ask Roxana out to the displeasure of Ludwiq, Larrisa's brother who had instead decided to ask one of his cousins, Maxine to accompany him as a favour. Demetrious had asked Larissa to accompany him for the night so she was absent amongst the gang. Miranda, another cousin of the tracker trio, was walking with Jasper, Serena's brother. They were the new additions to the gang of course now. Anyone dating one of Xanthos's gang members or if they were related to one of them by blood joined his group automatically. That was how Zachary was counted as ones of Xanthos's gang members too. He was not happy with the label but Zelina was madly in love with Xanthos and she couldn't get enough of him for now. So Zachary was associated with this gang for a while.

As Xanthos and his gang were taking their seats, Zachary took his time by going around Bethany and pulled a chair out for her and faked a smile. He used the opportunity to scan the room fully. But he wished he hadnt done that, As Zachary looked aroud the room, he noticed that actually many of the attendees were staring at them. Especially, the werewolf top class elite group; Octavian, his girlfriend Sabrina, Elisha and Oberon. He was a bit worried when he felt Octavian gazing at him so constantly. What was with him? he was mostly the joker of the Phoenix Academy but right now he looked so determined and serious. He dismissed it as nothing major and started listening to the conversations on his table.

Octavian was now thoughtful looking at Zachary at the other side of the room. He turned to Elisha's date " Tell me Oberon. Which couple do you think I should start with? Rowlen and Serena or Zachary and Bethany?"

Elisha protested " Octavian. Stop it right there. Don't get my boyfriend involved in this. I am pretty sure whatever you are planning is going to backfire and then we would have some angry elite nobles after us who have contacts in high places."

Octavian laughed " Come on. We have contacts too. Oberon's siblings, Olivia and Orlando are head enforcers in Tanya's division. I say any one who can put up with the strict regime of the blood angel is a force to be reckoned with."

Sabrina laughed: " I swear Octavian. One of these days someone is going to teach you a lesson. Have you lost the plot? That nickname for Tanya should not be said out loud in public."

Octavian smiled " Sweetheart. I am not afraid of getting arrested at all. You see I have had taster sessions . remember. I have been disciplined quite a few times before by Xanthos for making inappropriate comments about him and his group. I still remember the major beating I suffered at his hands the last time I interrupted Xanthos in bullying some younger students. I told him to pick on someone his own size. Guess what he complied just like that. He let those kids go and I took the fall but it was well worth it. At least i could endure more pain than those poor souls he was picking on. I am quite resilient when it comes to getting tormented actually."

Oberon asked; " What else did they do to you? Xanthos is a real grudge taker. Surely he didn't stop there. Right?"

Octavian started getting all excited as though he was about to describe some kind of adventure he had been undertaking but what he was going to talk about was far from it.

He responded " Well after he gave me a good beating, he used his position as star student as well as a top junior enforcer of Phoenix Academy and prescribed me one month of extra fighter training on saturdays and sundays which lasted 12 hours each time. I could hardly walk when I came to attend lessons on Mondays. Xanthos used his connections with the Academy staff to make sure they made me do extra laps in the massive circular track of the Academy's main arena and extreme weight sphere training. But it all helped me build some muscles too after that. I carried on with a milder version of the same training ever since. Obviously I could never beat the likes of him in a duel but I can put up a real fight now at least thanks to him."