38. Learning To Live Like Them

Nitizya sighed in frustration as she was left alone with her new female guard, Clover. She knew what Nathan had done was in total satisfaction of Sean since he surely preferred females to be left alone with her. But her presence for protecting her was not a problem. Her role as her guard was not all. When Sean had dropped her off, Nathan had found the few seconds left before teleporting to master to warn her about learning the Ronas protocols. He had ordered Clover to sit inside and basically tutor her on the horrific laws.

Nitizya was now sitting on the bed opposite her so called tutor who was sitting on a chair opposite her comfortably with the Book of Ronas Protocols in her hand.

Clover was beaming from joy being able to be of service to Nathan. The fact that she trusted her with his sister's safety had made her feel over the moon. Clover spoke softly " Uh. I am happy to be of any service Lady Nitizya. My commander superior Nathan has made me honoured with his request to be your company for tonight. When I go through the protocols, please do not hesitate to ask questions or ask for details. It would be my pleasure."

Nitizya gave her a forced smile and tried to sound polite: " Well. Thanks. I know some of the Ronas protocols. I have studied the ones associated with responsibilities of commanders and enforcers, foreign policy and treatment of captives."

Clover nodded her head and carried on: " Of course, but as our Commander-superior's sister, you are expected to have all the protocols memorised. Master would soon be testing you on your knowledge of the protocols, Lady Nitizya. I suggest we start with the chapter on Family and Social etiquette." She opened the book as she said this.

Nitizya suddenly thought of a question to her surprise; " But, can you start by telling me what a blood match means? How does it work? How can you be so certain you have met your blood match?"

Clover sighed " That is actually advanced knowledge. Every ancient blooded powerful noble has a blood match out there. That is how nature has intended it. Most average or low ranked witches and warlocks do not have blood matches. Mainly nobles have it. It is because they have such high concentration of power within them that only someone as powerful would be able to live a lifetime with them and have offspring with them."

Nitizya huffed ; " So you get stuck with a partner with the rest of your life even though you don't get along with them? Would the attraction always be there?"

Clover smiled sadly; " Well. It is not that simple unfortunately. There is an attraction between two individuals as blood matches but not necessarily there would be love. So the blood call of someone can attract their blood match but in the courtship and dating stage, they may decide the possibility of marriage would be impossible due to their differences. Then they may go their separate ways and choose other partners. I must warn you that the full force of the blood call only is felt when the age of 21 is reached and power maturity is reached."

Nitixya sighed in relief. She wasn't sure what she felt towards Sean right now. He was a heartless brute with barbaric ways. She couldn't imagine herself living with him for the rest of her life. But she also was madly attracted to him by a force she could not explain. The thought of his beautiful eyes staring and seeing right through her, warmed her heart. But she felt guilty for feeling this way since he was a commander in the same system that had imprisoned her parents. Nitizya became more curious "What do Ronas protocols say about blood matches that don't stay together? Would they be frowned up on or charged with committing a crime?"

Clover shook her head " No, of course not. Families and children are the most important pillars of the Ronas protocols. The rules encourage all single males and females to date as many people as they can to increase chances of marriage. As you may know, any form of relationship before marriage is allowed as long as there are no children. The offspring have to be raised in a safe environment. Now if two blood matches don't get along, that would never create a safe environment so couples are encouraged to consider breaking up and dating others even though they may be attracted to each other."

Nitizya tried very hard to stop herself from telling her what she felt. She was bursting with anger. " How could they boast about families and safe environments where they tormented and killed weaker beings in households on small offences like making eye contact or not completing chores well. How could that be safe? Her non biological parents were madly in love but not married. They had given her so much love and freedom that she could now never dream of. She hated the Arkansans and their protocols with all her might now. Why did they think a simple union could guarantee a child's safe upbringing when the environment was also so poisoned too with hate and horrors beyond the comprehension of any child.

Clover nervously looked around her and spoke " I could give you an example. Lady Alessia is the mother of superior-commanders Edwin and Edwards. She met her blood match but they did not get along at all. He happens to be Sean's father. He married his noble girlfriend he had met at Phoenix Academy and left Arkansas for pursuing his adventures he couldn't achieve if he remained in Arkansas. There are rumours that part of the reason they broke up was because he wanted Lady Alessia to move out of Arkansas after having children. She must have opposed to this because then right after they bloke up, he married another and so did she. But luckily the Arkansan laws did not allow superior commander Sean's father to take his children with his wife, when he went to train in Alaska. He is on the wanted list. No one knows where he is. Some say he was killed while defending his wife when they were attacked by assassins sent by Lady Alessia to kill his wife. But they are just rumours. Some still believe that couple are alive and it is only a matter of time before they are captured by enforcers and returned to the home land they abandoned."

Nitizya was listening intently to Clover with interest. " Wow. I had no idea. He really refused his blood match. But how? The attraction is so strong."

Clover answered "You are right. But it happens. Like I said. This is an attraction. It is not equal to love. The attraction helps two people meet but they must fall in love on their own accord. That is why dating in encouraged in the protocols. They even give extra hours off to employees in Arkansas if they wish to attend dates. Finding love within your power class is not easy. But marrying your blood match is in your genes. All your ancestors married their blood match Lady Nitizya. Commander superior Nathan have vowed to wait and only marry when they meet their blood match. Some rumours are out there that try to discredit your brother. Commander Superior Nathan do not attend dates often. Many claim your brother can not meet any girls because they stay out of his way or refuse to go with him with excuses of being taken. That is absurd. Any girl would be honoured to date them."

Nitizya wanted to laugh out loud. It was definitely true. His brother's presence was just too intimidating, dark and unsettling, she was quite sure any being would avoid being within a mile of him. She felt sorry for the enforcers who had to endure being in his proximity.

Nitizya nodded her head but tried to change the direction to her benefit. " I like to know about escape attempts from dungeons. Has it happened? how? And what is the punishment for the escapees and those who help them?"