69. Fighting & Believing

Demetrious was in immense pain. He was trying to keep in his excruciating screams from all the spells that were working all over his body. His duel had ended with Dante and now it was healing time. Demetrious was laying on a bed inside Dante's chambers waiting to heal and revive himslef. But what bothered Demetrious the most was not his pain but the fact that Dante was holding back throughout the duel. Demetrious was now completely horrified at was his brother was really capable of.

If anyone had walked in at that moment and had seen demetrious they would have thought he was dead. He was a Ronas and was still hurt beyond what he had expected. He looked life less and pale. After the end of the duel, Dante had shown him mercy by allowing him to lay down in his bed and had left him there in his pain to heal over time. Dante had actually pointed out to him that if he was anyone else, he would have hung him upside down from the ceiling with the Ronas made golden strings. Those strings were enchanted in a way that they weakened the person who was tied up to a point that they were too weak to teleport and furthermore, the strings could cast spells onto the persons wounds and make them sting. The healing process could also take much longer or would not have taken place depending on the type of injury.

After a few hours, Demetrious's pain was slowly diminishing and his body was starting to relax but still he was hurting quite badly. At least he could now open his mouth to breath without any screams leaving him. He thanked his Ronas genes for his fast healing abilities. He just wished this duel had happened three years later when he had reached complete power maturity and could hold a better fight against Dante. He knew it was too soon to face his brother and Dante knew that too. But Demetrious knew that it was better for him to feel the pain rather than the others. At least now there was some hope that Dante was going to allow him some privilages in decision making. It was going to be at a cost of course. From now on, Demetrious was going to be treated by others like they did Dante. He wasn't allowed to have informal conversations with others and those who dared treat him like an equal were going to die at his own hands.

Demetrious sighed. In 2 days time, he was going to be announced as his brothers Prosecuter Knight and he was going to do his first duty with his title and that was participation in the interviewing process of new recruits. In 2 days time, he was going to be introduced to as the co-leader of Arkansas. He did not want the position and did not welcome the change of status that came with the title. All were obliged to kneel to him and show him the same formalities that they showed to their master. Dante had made it clear that if anyone was going to be caught addressing Demetrious casually and informally they were going to be punished by him personally due to display of disrespect. So those days were over when Demetrious could socialise with the likes of Edwin. He had to act cold and detached and pretend to be satisfied with his promotion from now on.

That was not all. Dante was even planning to make changes to how he managed his commanders. Dante had realised that he had a strong batch of recruits for the interviews. He was going to promote Xavier to the position of chief commander and Sean to executer commander. They were going to be known as the commander-leaders. Dante was planning to choose amongst the recruits two people to be 2nd and thirrd in command to Sean and Xavier.

As Demetrious was thinking back to the information Dante had shared with him during their duel, he felt his brother approaching. He felt frustrated being in such vulnerable position. His body was healing so his defences were down. He just had to compromise with Dante and put up with whatever he was going to do for the time being.

As Dante entered, he laughed " Oh here I was thinking that I may have hurt you too much and you wont be able to open your eyes let alone speak. You look fine to me. You seem even ready for a round two brother.

Demetrious spoke : "I doubt it brother, I may not have any open wounds but I still can feel the sting from your spells. There was just so much power behind each strike."