chapter fifty-five

Dean drives up to a hotel, quickly parking. The three Winchesters rush out of the car and find Chuck pacing in front of the building.

"Chuck! There you are." Sam says.

"Guys?" Chuck asks.

"What's going on?" Dean asks as they walk up to Chuck.

"Ah, nothing. You know, I'm just kinda hanging. What are you guys doing here?" Chuck asks.

"You told us to come." Dean says.

"No, I didn't." Chuck says.

"Yeah, you did, you texted me. This address, life or death situation. Any of this ringing a bell?" Sam asks.

"I didn't send you a text." CHuck says.

"We drove all night!" Dean exclaims.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand what could... oh no." Chuck realizes.

"What?" Dean asks.

"Sam! You made it!" They hear somebody cheer and look to see Becky rushing down the stairs to them.

"Oh, uh, Becky, right?" Sam asks when she reaches them.

"Oh, you remembered. You've been thinking about me." Becky says in a low voice.

"I..." Sam says nothing.

"It's okay, I can't get you out of my head either." Becky says before seeing Evie. "Oh, and it's Evie. She's smaller than I thought she'd be, but your daughter is so precious. I know how much you love her." Becky tells Sam, walking over to Evie who is standing between the brothers. Becky squishes Evie's cheeks. "You're just the tiniest little thing. Your father cares very much about you."

Dean looks over Becky's head at Sam, both not sure what to do. Chuck only winces at Becky.

"Becky, did you take my phone?" Chuck asks, making Becky back away from the child. Evie hugs her dad's leg, hiding behind him.

"I just borrowed it from your pants." Becky says.

"Becky..." Chuck sighs.

"What? They're going to want to see it!" Becky grins.

"See what?" The brothers ask.

"Oh, my God. I love it when they talk at the same time!" Becky cheers.

"Hey, Chuck?" A guy calls from the top of the stairs. "Come on, pal, it's showtime." Becky runs up the stairs in excitement as Chuck turns to the Winchesters.

"Guys. I'm sorry. For everything." Chuck walks up the stairs as the brothers share a confused look.

Sam holds Evie's hand as they follow Chuck inside. They walk in and a guy walks by them.

"Ha-ha-ha. Dean. Looking good." The guy tells Dean.

"Who the hell are you?" Dean asks.

"I'm Dean, too. Duh." The man says, his clothes looking similar to Dean's, including the necklace Sam gave him when they were kids.