chapter thirty-two

They're at the motel and the brothers kidnapped a vampire and have her tied to a chair in the middle of the room. Mattresses are lined up against the walls, blocking out all light. The brothers are standing in front of her chair while Evie stands in the bathroom doorway, hugging her dog.

The young woman wakes up which the boys notice.

"You with us?" Dean asks her. She quickly wakes up, struggling against the rope. "OH, yeah, sorry. You're not going anywhere."

"Where's your nest?" Sam asks.

"What?" The vampire looks at Sam in confusion.

"Your nest. Where you and your bloodsucking pals hang out." Dean states.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She says and the brothers roll their eyes at each other. "Please! I don't feel good."

"Yeah, well, you're gonna feel a hell of a lot worse if we give you another shot of dead man's blood." Dean states, holding a vial full of said liquid in it.

"Just let me go." She pleads.

"Yeah, you know we can't do that." Sam laughs.

"I'm telling you the truth. I'm just... I took something. I'm freaking out! I don't know what's going on."

"You took something?" Sam asks.

"Yes! I can't... come down. I just want to come down." She says.

"What's your name?" Sam asks.

"Lucy. Please, just let me go."

"All right, Lucy, how about this? If you tell us what happened, we'll let you go."

"You will?" She looks at Dean who gives her a nod and smile before sending Sam a confused look once she looks away. "Uh, I don't really... um, it-it's not that clear. I was at Spider."

"Spider?" Dean asks.

"The club on Jefferson. And there was this guy... he was buying me drinks." She recalls.

"This guy... what's he look like?" Sam asks.

"He was old, like 30. He had brown hair, a leather jacket... uh, Deacon or Dixon or something. Said he was a dealer... he had something for me."

"Something?" Dean asks.

"Something new. "Better than anything you've ever tried." He put a few drops in my drink." She states.

"Was the drug red and thick?" Dean asks and she nods. "Well, genius move there. That was vampire blood he dosed you with."

"What?" Lucy asks.

"Yeah, you just took a big steamin' shot of the nastiest virus out there." Dean states.

"You're crazy! He gave me roofies or something! No... the next thing I know, we're at his place and he says he's gonna get me something to eat, just wait. But I get so hungry." Lucy says.

"So you busted out?" Dean asks and Lucy nods.

"But it won't wear off... whatever he gave me."