chapter twenty-seven

Dean pulls up to a diner basically in the middle of nowhere.

"Hey, don't forget the extra onions this time, huh?" Dean tells his brother, handing him some money.

"Dude, I'm the one who is gonna have to ride in the car with your extra onions." Sam says. Dean grins and Sam sighs, getting out of the car.

"Hey, see if they've got any pie." Dean says. Sam glares, shutting the door. "Bring me some pie!" Dean yells. "I love me some pie." Dean watches Sam go into the diner before his radio becomes static. Dean fiddles with the radio only for it to completely turn off. He looks up and sees the diner empty.

Dean gets out and after about 5 minutes, he gets back in the car.

"Where daddy?" Evie asks.

"I don't know." Dean mutters.

+++

Dean drove to Bobby's and told him how Sam went missing and how there was sulfur and other signs of a demon being there.

"Well, what can we do with her? Sam would kill me if he knew I brought her on a possible dangerous mission, knowing it was dangerous beforehand." Dean says, pointing to the toddler watching Scooby-Doo in the living room.

"I know a nieghbor. She's got about 5 grandkids, sweet old woman. Owes me a couple favors for fixing up some stuff in her house." Bobby suggests.

"Sweet. That works. Let's go." Dean says, getting Evie.

~ ~ ~

"Thanks again, Charlotte." Bobby tells her.

"Oh, it's no problem. You know I love children." Charlotte says.

"Okay, shortcake, Bobby and I are gonna get find your dad... and we'll be back with him as soon as possible. But, for now, you're going to stay with Mrs. Charlotte and you're going to play games and watch movies and eat good food, okay? I even heard she has some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies."

"I want daddy." Evie says.

"I know... and once we find him, we'll come straight to you and you'll get to be with your dad again. Promise."

"Okay." Evie mumbles. Dean kisses her on the forehead.

"Be good." He tells her and she nods. Evie and Charlotte watch as Bobby and Dean drive off in the Impala.

+++

Evie jumps off the couch hearing a knock on the door. Charlotte answers it to find Bobby with a sad expression. Evie walks to the door, hugging Bobby's leg.

"You find daddy?" Evie asks before noticing Bobby's sad expression. "What wrong? Where's Deanie?"

"Let's go back to my place, Evie." Bobby gently tells her. He grabs her hand and leads her to the car.

"Is daddy there?" Evie asks, but Bobby doesn't answer. "Bobby?"

"Thanks for watching her, Charlotte." Bobby tries to send her a kind smile, but it turns into a grimace. He shuts the door on Evie's side, his truck not having a backseat, but it's only a few streets away from his house.