Chapter 24

"I am nervous, Kookie." Jimin brushed his bunny's cheek softly while wearing a mild but worried smile on his face. "Me too. Not for myself but for you. My parents will also be tough to convince but I will do it anyway. Everything depends on you now. And, Minie, lingering the matter won't make it any easier. It has already been a week, talk it out with your eomma. I will break it to my eomma tonight" Jungkook pressed Jimin's soft palm in his to show him some support. Jimin huffed a big time, "I will too Kookie, tonight, then we will talk about our decision tomorrow after office, okay?" Jungkook slowly nodded his head looking at his lover, who was in utter pressure while balancing both his love life and family expectation.

At Jeon's.........

Jungkook was pacing back and forth inside his bedroom nervously, no matter how much courage he showed to Jimin, he was afraid as well, to see his eomma's reaction because it was just not any other complicated relationship, he was in love with a boy and it was a big issue for their society. His eomma came with a glass of milk for Jungkook as usual. "Honey, drink it and go to bed quickly. You have to go to work tomorrow." Jungkook did not even listen to a word his mother said as he kept thinking about how to start the conversation. Then he pulled her by hand to make her sit with him on the bed, "Eomma, will you stay here for a bit? I wanted to talk to you." Jungkook's lips trembled as he uttered those words. "Of course, baby, what is it? You look tensed, is everything all right?"

The brave soul could not keep it to himself anymore as he felt the urge to burst it out. Looking down on the floor, he gathered some courage to say it all, "Eomma, do you remember last month I cried telling you that I love someone?" She nodded and wrapped her arms around her only son to comfort and ease the pain she saw in his eyes, "I do remember, baby. Is it still causing you pain?" Jungkook still did not want to meet her eyes, "Not exactly but before I tell you everything, please promise me you will try to understand from my point of view like you always do." She brushed his son's dark black hair to assure him of her support, "I promise, dear, you can tell anything to your eomma."

"There is one person in my office, whom I often talk about, named, Park Jimin." She nodded to signal that she remembered. "And Eomma, I uh..I love him, actually a lot, a bit too much." His mother went stiff and ran out of words for a moment and the silence made Jungkook finally to look at her only to see her reaction and his eyes filled with water when he saw her mother speechless and shocked, "Eomma, believe me, I tried not to fall for him, and I denied for a year but then we both fell so much in love with each other that I don't think I can bear the thought of losing him. This is love, Ma, that I have never felt before." He broke into a silent cry saying the last line.

She rubbed his cheeks to wipe off the tears, "I have never gone against your desire you know that but this is something that is totally a new and an unacceptable thing to our society. Even if me and Papa understand that but think about our relatives and friends, they will make a big deal out of it. You know their thoughts." Jungkook cried harder resting his head on her shoulder, "Eomma, I love him a lot. It kills me thinking he is going to marry someone else. I want to be with Jimin forever. Please try to understand my feelings." Her grip tightened to comfort him more, "Baby, no mother is happy to see her children suffer. I want your best too and I love you. I wish you all the happiness and this is why I am telling you to stop it here because this relation will make you two suffer more in future; especially living in this conservative society." She was still processing the whole situation of his son's sudden revelation of his sexuality and confession of his love affair, "Baby, if it was a girl, I would approve in an instant but I can't this time, I am sorry. I am doing this for your good. It's not that I am against you loving a boy but this society is. Also, do you think his family will accept it too? You will end up getting even more hurt."