Chapter 39

Was it a dream? Because the morning looked bright and gorgeous. The windows wide open and the white curtains dangling, more like flying from the mild blow of the sweet-cold wind outside. He felt hopeful. The Sun was shining unconventionally bright today after the stormy night. Last night! Yes, the night was no dream for he could still smell him on his own clothes. Until last night, the smell was everywhere in the apartment but on Jungkook. Now, it was all smeared on Jungkook's body, and he still felt a little tipsy in love.

Jungkook's hand searched the empty space beside him. He still could remember Jimin's heavenly body on him; he gave him the utmost happiness and the affection Jungkook craved for. He blushed thinking of last night, and then rubbed his eyes sluggishly, longing a soft morning kiss from Jimin.

He slept last night, fully and finally in peace which he hadn't had the opportunity to experience in past three years. He wished to wake up like this every morning, with the aroma of Park Jimin. Jungkook slowly pulled his own body up to sit. With an ecstatic mood, he stood up from the bed in order to look for Jimin in the kitchen because other than Jimin's peach-y scent, he could smell pancake.

The natural brightness of the Sun was blinding him so good that the small artificial light of his mobile screen left unnoticed. His phone beeped again, only then he was brought back to reality and all his senses came back. The fantasy world he was dreaming of a moment ago was tarnished in a matter of second.

8 missed calls and 2 messages from Taehyung

Jungkook's fists tightened as he stood still in front of the mobile phone. A sudden rhythm of an inaudible sound was echoing inside the room. He did not feel well anymore. Mistakes, Guilts, Hopelessness! He did not want to leave this dreamland. However, his hearted devotion to Jimin, if not stopped, would definitely cause pain to the third parties involved and Jungkook could not let that happen either. He got to straighten things up. Jimin, last night, this apartment, all the good feelings – they all were so out of his reach that he could not afford. He wished if it had been a dream only and he hadn't complicated the things.

He quickly changed into his clothes, but it was not easy to get rid of the scent Jimin left on him. The more he thought about everything the more anxious he was getting. He found him in the kitchen, busy making some perfect round shaped pancakes, happily on his own.

"Jimin."

He turned to the younger and a shy smile played on Jimin's lips, "Hey, good morning. I am making breakfast for us."

How could Jungkook not smile back to that innocent face. He was glowing even more, an angel. "Morning, I can't find my wallet and keys."

"It's on the bedside table. Do you want to leave now? Won't you have breakfast with me?"

"Yes, I will, but help me find them, please."

Jimin felt teased so he, putting his tiny fist on his waist, said in an annoyed tone, "I don't know if you are playing around with me or not but if I find them on the table, you will get the small pancake." Jungkook smiled at this tiny figure stomping towards the bedroom.

"There, there they are. Your keys and wallet." Jimin handed over his belongings to Jungkook with his one eyebrow raised, questioning Jungkook's intention. But keys and wallet were not the things the younger was concentrating on, he was staring deep into his tiny Jimin's ocean eyes.

"Jimin, I am sorry."

"Why?" Something about the apology did not feel right, Jimin wondered.

"Last night I shouldn't have......."