Chapter 41

Jimin felt nervous. Was it a right decision of coming here? He gather some courage before pressing the bell again. He was in front of the door of Jungkook's apartment thinking twice before pressing the bell, because he knew if the door opened, he would have to accept the truth for real this time.

It has been three days since he left and left a mark on Jungkook's heart. Losing someone had never been easy, especially when it was his best friend. A true, innocent, jolly and kind person was his Tae. Jungkook still didn't gather the courage to touch any of the staffs he left here. He still looked at them and cried. He tried to call him, but those were in vain. It implied that Tae broke the relationship for real. Jungkook wanted his friend back, he wanted to hold him and cry off all the pain and talk about the things he never told him before, but wasn't it too late? Tae was not coming back.

Jungkook's tear rolled down the side of his cheeks to his ear and dropped on the pillow. The bell rang, and for a second Jungkook thought it had to be him. Tae must have come back for his friend. He ran to open the door, but it was not his friend. It was someone he least expected to see at the moment.

"Hey, did I bother you?" Jimin nervously smiled.

"No, come in." Jungkook answered coldly and Jimin could sense something wrong. That melancholia wrapped Jungkook in, was not the first time Jimin witnessed, he had seen it before; maybe years ago.

Jungkook led him to the couch and barely looked at Jimin.

"How is your health?" Jungkook initiated.

"I am okay now, but you don't look fine. Is everything alright?" Jimin's concern was all over his face.

"Why are you here, Jimin?" Jungkook gritted his teeth in anger.

"Why? Can't I come to see you? You are getting married to a prince tomorrow and I am going to Korea to get my divorce finalized. What an irony! Anyhow, I just wanted to say I won't be able to attend your wedding."

"You never had to."

"But Tae begged me to, so I wanted to apologize to him in person. Ohh! by mentioning his name, where is your prince?"

"Taehyung left me. There is no wedding tomorrow." There were tears in the younger's eyes.

"What! What happened?" Jimin didn't want to believe his ears.

"Stop pretending!" The younger shouted at Jimin and the latter flinched at his sudden reaction. "Haven't you come to see the show? You know it already don't you? He left me. He fucking left me for good. This marriage is not happening. And you came to see the show, didn't you?"

"No."

"Then why are you here?"

"I came to......"

"Came to see my fucking miserable state..... to laugh at me? Isn't it what you wanted? Are you happy now?"

"No, Kookie. Your happiness is what I want."

"Then why did you come back to my life? Remember how you left me alone to marry another woman, remember how you chose everything else above me, do you remember, Park Jimin, how heartlessly you denied being with me? Yet you followed me here and destroied everything I was holding onto. My best friend, my only selfless person left me because of you. And now you are talking about my happiness – fucking bullshit! You cared about yourself only, Jimin. You wanted me but not in public, isn't it the case? That's why you married a woman to show everyone that you are........... I fucking hate you." Jungkook hiccupped.

Jimin slowly held his Jungkook's hand to pressed it against his lips, "I am so sorry for being me – a cruel human being. Forgive me, if you can." Jimin's tears fell on his lover's hand but the younger quickly released his hand off.

"I don't care. Just leave, Jimin. Leave and do not come back in my life again. We can pretend that we don't know each other for the rest of our lives. How I wish we never met."

"Okay. I am leaving but trust me, I just wanted to see you one last time before you get married, I thought what if you wouldn't want to see me anymore, but I had no idea Tae left you, and you are going through this. I am sorry if I crossed the line again and for causing all the pain. I will take the punishment of not seeing you ever again, for you, only for you. Just be happy always."

Jimin with a heavy heart almost reached the door whereas he thought his legs wouldn't support. The amount of pain he was holding inside could cause a major damage to his body, but his strength might bring Jungkook's happiness back. The decision he took a moment ago was the hardest thing for him but the younger's happiness mattered the most. Suddenly, with a weak voice, Jungkook mumbled,

"Is there something wrong with me? Why everyone leaves me? First you and now Tae. Didn't I love enough?"

Jimin turned to see Jungkook..... hopeless and broken, but the older had something to say in return, "Your innocent heart loves a bit too much and maybe that causes pain to yourself." Jimin turned his back after seeing him for the very last time and whispered,

"Goodbye."

---------------------------------
Photo source: Internet.

A/N: Hi! A short update but it's an important chapter. Next one will be the last chapter before an epilogue. Hold tight! Borahae!!!!!!