Chapter 5

It was raining cats and dogs outside. Jungkook half lying on his bed, was staring blankly outside his room's window. He loved to watch when it rained. Suddenly his cell phone beeped. A text message from Jimin.

- Today I missed you so much. Especially while roaming around the New York street. – JM

Those days when Jimin attending the forum in the USA, they went crazy for each other. They kept texting like they were in relationship, video calling at night, talking on phone over hours and giggling on silly matters. They were missing each other's presence so much that they could not stop themselves from talking all the time. Jimin used to call Jungkook right away whenever he would have got any break from his workshop, just to say Hi or ask if his bunny was doing well or not.

Jungkook looked at his phone and a mild smile appeared on his face.

- Hasn't it become your new disease missing me all the time?

- Yes and I love this disease. I wish you were beside me while I was roaming alone in an unknown city.

- What would you do?

- I would show you around and munch on street food like we always do. This US trip seems incomplete to me without you. Anyway what is Kookie doing?

- Watching the rain.

- And? (Jimin chuckled and waiting for Jungkook to say something romantic)

- And nothing just watching the rain.

- Ohh. I thought you were thinking about me. (Jimin sighed)

- Jiminshi, isn't it quite late night there in the USA? (Jungkook always wanted to change the topic when Jimin tried to be a bit romantic)

- Yes, 3 in the morning.

- Why are you still awake? You should rest now, you have workshop to attend tomorrow.

- I can't sleep bunny. I was trying for a while. Then I felt like to talk to you.

- Okay, how can I help you Sir? (Jungkook teased)

- Come here in my bed so that I can lie my head on your lap. You will slowly stroke my hair until I fall asleep.

Jungkook was taking a long pause. He was not replying. Jimin got worried thinking how Jungkook must have taken his comment. They never talked romantically before.

- Jimin, I want you to know that I do not like it when someone tries to do this with me for no reason. I mean temporary flirting. I have always believed in permanent, long-lasting relationship which is why I am still single, and I want my one and only to be special. I just don't want to flirt around.

Jungkook almost cried typing that because he knew it was not possible between them and he was not sure whether Jimin wanted their relation or not. On the other hand, Jimin got hurt by his statement.

- Jungkook, after all this time, I thought we are intimate enough to talk this way.

- I don't know if we can. Don't take it otherwise but this doesn't feel good, Jimin.

- Sure, I will try to sleep now. Bye (Jimin sulked and threw away his phone on his bed)

- Okay, bye.

Tears streaming down Jungkook's face and he was gasping for air. He could not stand the feeling that he hurt the person he liked the most, maybe it was love and he liked what Jimin said about him in bed but he did not want their relationship to progress because eventually it was going to hurt them both. Guilt was killing him thinking Jimin there away from their hometown must be crying alone in darkness. He picked up his phone and called him. Jimin was not answering. After several attempts, finally he received.

"Hmm." Jimin's voice cracked and sounded heavy since he was crying too. Even though he was 5 years older, but he could not resist his feelings for Jungkook.

"Jimin, did you fall asleep?" Jungkook said in a caring tone.

"No, trying. Why did you call?" He was still sulking.

"I am sorry for my earlier comment. I did not mean to hurt you." He pressed his lips hard not to make any sound because he was crying too hard.

"Listen, Kookie, you have to admit that we both know we like each other and even more than that. Sometimes, no matter how much we try to suppress our feelings, it comes out naturally due to affection. If you want me to stop it, I will definitely. I will not bother you."

"I know that Jimin and I liked it when you said you want me beside you, but I don't know, Jimin, how to react." He sobbed. This was the first time they admitted their affection towards each other.

"Stop crying now, bunny. It's okay." To change the mood he added, "Is it still raining there?"

"Yes, hmm, still raining. And I miss you so much." He said wiping off his tears like a baby.

"Bogoshipda, Bunny. Imagine I am with you now wiping off your tears from your cheeks. And when I get back home, we will get drenched in the rain together , okay?"

"Okay." Like an obedient boy, he agreed. "Shall I sing you to sleep?" Since Jungkook was gifted with an extraordinary voice, he used to sing very often.

"Will you really? Please do sing." Jimin excitedly replied.

Then Jungkook sang 'Still with you' to Jimin and Jimin, closing his eyes and keeping his left palm on his heart, was feeling every word of the song and his bunny's magical pure voice.