Chapter 42

Is this how it was supposed to end? Cold, blue and only memories.

Life goes on, doesn't it? Summer went and winter came but he didn't. For him, hope had become a luxury to even talk about. He stopped crying, to be exact he forgot how to.

Forgetting one's beloved would be a blessing but no one till date has been showered with such kind of imaginary miracles. It's a curse to love or to be loved. Can you taste love, can you feel it? Especially when your love is no more around you. The pain of loss kills people inside, yet they live and carry on with their lives. Then do we forget our loved ones – the ones we loved the most, promised to keep safe and adore eternally? No, we don't but we accept all the time, it's a human nature to bow down in front of the power beyond our imagination. So, we accept and then our loved ones start to live in our memories only. That's how we move on. Whenever, we miss them, we travel back to the sweetest memories of the person and live off of those faded pieces of recollection. Because we don't know how to forget someone. We just accept.

However, with times we lose our memories too. The older we get the fader it becomes. The vivid motion pictures of our beloved people in our brain starts to fade at one point. We try to remember their face, hair and smile but our brain hurts remembering it. The smile that we once lived for, complimented, and loved has now become just a hazy figment among our lost loved one's many other memories. You know you love and miss the smile, but you don't know the sound of it anymore or how they looked putting on a smile. Because you can't remember. Your memory of the person is obsolete now.

Six months with no hope of seeing him did a major damage to the person.

Once lively and moist trees lost their green days. They dried and some died. Those who survived was now cold stricken statue. Snow had started falling today, gloomy sky, no swans in the lake, just a man sitting quietly on a bench of the park. He loved snow. There was a smile on his face.

That pure smile on his face was brought by those sweet memories he had with him. His trembling pink lips were moving slightly in the hope of uttering few words, but he didn't know to whom he should say. Because he was alone and then he went silent like the weather. Snow fell on his oversized pair of gloves.

He loved winter and he loved him. Winter was him. The amount of happiness his soul was filled by the snowfall and winter chills, would do thousand times more if he was with him. Winter comes once in a year but with him every day was winter.

"Isn't this pair of gloves too big for your hands?" A voice from behind taunted the lonely person.

This voice........... he was so sure of, how could he not? But it was not possible. So, he in disbelief looked over his shoulder. The fog made it hard to see afar, so he only saw a male figure wearing a heavy trench coat.

"I know, but this pair is my favorite." Even though he didn't know to whom he was talking, he replied.

"May I ask why?" The voice asked playfully.

"His voice........ no it can't be. I am hallucinating again." He mumbled to himself. Heartbeat started to race like a horse when the man started to come forward through the dense fog and every step made his face more visible to him. The man on the bench stood up and faced him.

"You?"

"Didn't you want to see the first snowfall with me?" The voice is no more only a voice, the owner of that melodical voice was now in front of him.

"Jungkook?" He wanted to cry but he couldn't.

"Yes, Jimin." The younger smiled.

"Am I dreaming? If yes, then don't go. I want to be in this dream forever." The older's cheeks flushed in anxiety.

"Sadly, you are not dreaming. Here, give me your paws, I bought you hand gloves of your size and give mine back. It's got old." Jungkook carefully took his both hands in his and put off the big old gloves. Jimin's warm bare palms flinched in cold and Jungkook gently buried his nose breathing in his scent and feeling his favorite soft skin with his lips. For quite a good second he breathed in and out on his tiny palms. Before putting on the new hand gloves, he kissed on his hand.

Jimin was till shell shocked but with his touch, he came to realize he was real and the younger just put him on a new pair of hand gloves.

"But I love the old ones more. You gave it to me."

"Yes, Jimin. I remember."

"Give it back to me then."

"Do you like clinging onto the old things? I thought you loved every 'First' things on the world. First snow, first rain and FIRST LOVE."

"Give it back please, it will lose his scent." Jimin would cry if Jungkook didn't give it back to him, but Jimin also realized the source of the scent was right in front of him.

"I will make sure it doesn't lose his scent." Jungkook put on the pair of old gloves, the ones he gave to Jimin in a winter day years ago.

"You came to see the snowfall?" His affectionate eyes were observing every corner of Jungkook's face so carefully as if he would lose him if he didn't. The face he thought he would never get to see again was now smiling at him. Six months passed by since he last saw Jungkook because he was keeping the promise.

"With you. I came to see the first snowfall of the season with you."

"You remembered?"

"Everything."

In such moments, lovers would cry reuniting and express the feelings through tears of joy, but they kept smiling at each other. Unspoken affectionate words complimented their presence here at this moment. Suddenly, Jungkook shook some snowflakes off Jimin's beanie.

"Do... umm do you want to taste the snow? We used to do that in childhood." Jimin asked.

"Okay, how?"

"Look up and open your mouth."

Jungkook obeyed the older and a small flake fell into his warm mouth. While savoring it, he snickered at the older.

"How does it taste?"

"Why don't you figure it out?" Jungkook snickered again.

Seeing Jimin hesitating, the younger took that soft face in his hands and lean in for a deep kiss, letting Jimin taste his mouth. It was gentle, but deep. They were breathing on each other's face. Jungkook licked his own lips a little after he released Jimin for a bit to breathe. Jungkook asked adoring his lover's pink face,

"How does it taste, hmm?"

"Jeon Jungkook, my Jungkook."

----------------------------------------------

To be continued...............

Photo credit: To the rightful owner. Beautiful fanart.....my favorite.

A/N: This is my favorite chapter and maybe yours too. Is this how you all imagined Jikook to be together? Let me know. I will be eagerly waiting for your thoughts/comments. Also, there is another chapter before I write the epilogue. So, I will soon upload the next bonus chapter, Jikook needs to talk about some loose ends. Borahae!