Time to get our play on

A hand grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him into an empty classroom. Turning around with wide eyes he groaned at who he saw.

"I said no." Terry frowned while Mason (the one before Liam and canon character Mason) rolled his eyes. Lily gave him a smirk and Sasha snorted. Mica was sitting on top of a desk giving Stiles an apologetic smile.

Stiles decided Mica was his favorite.

"You can sing! You have gift! You like singing I know you do, I can see it in your eyes. Just try it out Stiles come with us after school." Stiles frowned at them before nodding his head slightly. He didn't have anything to do after school so it shouldn't be a problem.

"Fine. Just don't tell anyone?" When the others nodded stiles left the classroom running his hand over his buzzed hair. Sure he had an okayish voice but he didn't have the look. Or the personality.

Or well, he did have the personality slightly. He knew they'd force him into joining theater and he glee club. He wasn't looking forward to whatever he was supposed to try out for. The posters were everywhere how could he not know what they were trying to do?

———
After saying a quick goodbye to Scott he headed over to the very small theater their school had. It's not that the school spends all their money on the sports teams it's that the school doesn't have much money to begin with and to have a new stage would mean closing off part of the school and summer wasn't long enough to finish it.

But the students made due. They had too if they would survive Beacon Hills till graduation.

"You made it! Okay so you'll be one of the last people to try out since you most likely don't know the song that much yet. All you have to do is sing because Mrs. Langsetter said we can all learn the dance together. So here's this! Now this is the song you'll be singing. Of course it won't be in the musical but it's easier to sing a song you probably know already but it's something you still have to kinda memorize. Good luck!" Stiles watched as Lily ran over to the stage, he walked into the line with the rest of the students and looked at the paper Lily gave him.

Stiles waited as more and more students went up on stage. Some had been great others did necessarily have the best voice but who was he to judge?

He knew that he probably wouldn't actually make it. There was no way he'd be good enough. He was a klutz, he didn't look like someone you'd want on stage. He was Stiles and who wanted him in a play?

When it was his turn he went through the song one more time in his head before getting up on stage. "So uh I'm Stiles Stilinski and I don't really have a part I want to try out for so uh yeah." Because that wasn't totally awkward whatsoever.

"Now and then I think of when we were together
Like when you said you felt so happy you could die
Told myself that you were right for me
But felt so lonely in your company
But that was love and it's an ache I still remember"

The other students stared up at Stiles with shocked looks. No one could take their eyes off him, he seemed to go into his own world while he sang.

"You can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness
Like resignation to the end, always the end
So when we found that we could not make sense
Well you said that we would still be friends
But I'll admit that I was glad it was over"

Stiles felt his heart ache at that. While the meaning to him wasn't an ex he somewhat cared for it was friends- or people he thought were his friends.

When Jackson and Lydia first got popular and promised they wouldn't leave the rest of them behind. When he and Scott had made an oath to never let someone come between them.

"But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough
No, you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know
Now you're just somebody that I used to know"

He didn't know who the knew Allison, Erica, Issac, Boyd, and Derek were. The others he got use to. He knew who the new them was. But the others? He knew who they were before but he had no idea who he was looking at sometimes.

"Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over
But had me believing it was always something that I'd done
But I don't wanna live that way
Reading into every word you say
You said that you could let it go
And I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know"

And Stiles couldn't help but to pour his anger and betrayal into those lyrics, he was left on the sidelines again and again leaving him questioning his place in the pack. Sometimes it seemed like he was pack other times he wasn't.

"But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough
No, you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know
Somebody (I used to know)
(Somebody) Now you're just somebody that I used to know
Somebody (I used to know)
(Somebody) Now you're just somebody that I used to know
I used to know, that I used to know, I used to know somebody"

His voice raised slightly as he sang. Everyone could feel his emotions coming off of the lyrics. Stiles blinked a few times before remembering where he was. Looking at the others he gave them a nervous smile before hoping off the stage.

Mrs. Langsetter cleared her throat to get everyone's attention. "Thank you for coming everyone! I will have a list of who will be doing up by Monday! Have a good weekend everyone!"

————

When Stiles woke on Monday he couldn't figure out why he felt so different. Until, "Oh God it's Monday! The list! How could I have- where's my shoe? Mother fu-da-dad! You uh? Heeeey?"

Stiles stared up at his dad hoping on one foot while half dressed. He had a shirt halfway over his head and his jeans were in a pool around his feet. Somehow he had one foot off the ground and one show in his head.

John stared at his son with a tired smile, he wasn't sure what got his kid so hyped up but he knew it was a good thing. He hadn't seen that look in Stiles eyes for months now.

"Just got off work kid. How about after school we go out for something to eat yeah? And you can tell me what has you so excited then." Stiles nodded and finished getting dressed, saying goodbye to his father he tapped his fingers anxiously as he thought about what role he could get.

There really wasn't any reason to be so nervous and excited. It's not like he could have gotten a big role, not when he didn't have a role he was trying out for and not being anywhere near as good as the other students. Being excited only meant getting disappointed later, still he couldn't stop himself from feeling excited and nervous.

It was still early and not many students where there yet. Nearly half of those who tried out where anxiously waiting for Mrs. Langsetter to pin up the list. After a few minutes of everything waiting by the door she came out with a grin. "I knew that I'd seen many of you here already. Alright make room children."

Stiles heard several shrieks and yells of excitement, he heard disappointed groans and relieved laughs. Stepping closer he felt his breath catch in his throat. His knees buckled for a moment and he stared at his name. His name which was next to one of the leading roles. "Told ya Stilinski! Good job dude!" Stiles turned his head to look at Lily's smug face along with a few others next to her who gave him smiles.

"Now you just have to practice a whole bunch and balance school and perform in front of a bunch of people!"

Ah there it was. The oh so amazing feeling of panic and fear.

So why not right? I'm sorry it's been so long! The song in Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye. Anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter and a Glee part 2 will be up soon! Along with a Halloween special!