chapter fifty-three

Start from the beginning

"You have all the lights on." Evie shrugs.

"Since when do lights wake you up?" Sam chuckles as Evie is a semi deep sleeper.

"Since you combine it with typing and you're not giving me cuddles." Evie says.

Sam smiles, picking her up and putting her on his lap.

"There. Some snuggles." Sam mutters, kissing the top of her head. He goes to Dean's number and considers before scrolling up and calling Bobby.

"Sam?" Bobby asks.

"Hey, Bobby. How you doing?" Sam asks.

"Well, I ain't running any marathons, but I'll live." Bobby says and Sam laughs. "Where are you?"

"Uh, Garber, Oklahoma. I found a town up the road showing some Revelation omens." Sam says.

"What omens?" Bobby asks.

"All right, listen to this. "And upon his rising there shall be hail and fire mixed with blood.""

"Well that ain't delightful."

"Yeah. But we already got hailstorms and fire so I'm guessing blood can't be too far behind."

"Okay."

"What?"

"There a reason you're calling?"

"Dean didn't tell you?"

"He told me."

"Yeah. So I just thought you might want to find out who's in the area and put a man on this."

"Okay, let me see if I can think of the best hunter who might be in the immediate vicinity. Oh, that'd be you."

"I can't, Bobby, I'm sitting this one out."

"Sam--"

"I gotta go. I'm so sorry."

"Hold on, Sam--" Sam hangs up on Bobby. Evie looks up at him.

"Can we go to sleep now?" She yawns.

"Yeah. Go get in bed. I'll be there in a bit." Sam tells her and she jumps off his lap.

"More snuggles?" She hopefully asks.

"Yes, more snuggles." He answers. Evie grins, skipping to the bed and getting under the covers.

+++

They're at the bar and it's not as empty as last night, but Evie is still sitting at the bar since Sam is at it often.

"Hey, Sam." They hear a voice call, but Sam ignores him. Evie looks up in curiosity before remembering they're not going by their real names and puts her head back down, refocusing on math.

"Sam." The guy calls again.

"Sam? What happened to Keith?" Lindsey asks.