After nightmare

3 months later

I was standing in front of the grave.  A grave of someone who is very dear to me. The savior of my darkest days, my bittersweet past.

But today, I won’t weep anymore. I promised I won’t. But still, I couldn’t stop my tears from falling. There is not a single moment when I don’t miss him. Our childhood, all those sweet memories still reflect on my mind’s eye.

I am grateful for those days but I’m regretful for losing you. No matter, what happens, I will always cherish you in my heart.

 Mason.

I will never forget you.

Because memories are the ones that will keep us alive, even when we die.

I will never stop you loving you my friend.

The sun rose over my head, welcoming a new day, a new beginning. The nightmare is over now. I’m still alive. I’m breathing the fresh air as my skin warms with the soft light.

Even though, my bones are fractured and I have bandages all over my body, even though I have ugly scars decorating my pale skin, even if I have dark bags under my eyes and bony cheekbones, I’m still standing there.

Even if, my heart isn’t healed from all those dark memories, even if I haven’t fully recovered from my trauma, even if I wake up in the middle the night, panting harshly, I still didn’t lose all hopes.

Because I still want to avenge you Mase. I want to give you justice.

Do you know, those kidnappers, the ones who spread terror in the whole city had been caught by the police force. They are currently under custody and been interrogated on a daily basis.

The court has reopened the case and formed a committee to take the exploration to a further level.

But sadly, we don’t know who’s the mastermind behind this mass murder. All those accidents, all those disappearance, were nothing but a planned massacre.

For a decade, thousands of lives had lost as thousands of family had broken. Their so called boss was missing as these man had no idea who it was. They just blindly followed his sick commands.

This whole thing was so repulsive. I couldn’t even imagine what they did on that slaughter house. It still sends shiver down my spine that they turned it into an underground business by selling the organs of those victims in exchange of money.

How heartless they could be? It pains me that dealers across the country come here to buy these fleshes. They turned this whole thing into a industry. How could they?

But there were some good news too. Those captives were free as they returned to their family.  The forest of Riles and the lakes and Roads of Midway are no longer labelled as a haunted place.

But still, that place will haunt me forever.

I don’t know what happened to you Mase. I don’t even wanna know. Today your grave is neither adorned in flowers and goodbye notes nor people are gathered here to bid you farewell.

Though today is twenty sixth December. No one is here to pray for you. Because after the crashing news, I don’t even know if you are sleeping under this soil or not.

There’s no body in his grave

Only time could tell what happened to you Mase.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was walking through the frozen street of Midway. Feather like snowflakes fell from the white washed sky, covering the whole street in white.

Every breath I took chilled my insights as every breath I released blurred my vision. My footsteps fell on the white, soft snow. A red thick sweater warmed my body as a bundle of almost frozen roses chilled my hands.