Chapter 22: Monster

I saw him coming out of the car. His cold eyes flashing in the dark, jaw flexing in anger. His eyes holding a dark emotion, burning holes into me.

Unconsciously, I kept stepping backwards as he kept coming towards me, warning me not to do anything stupid.

I know that, there's danger out here but it's better than staying with him.

That's why, turning backwards, I found myself running at the opposite direction.

"Hey! Where the hell are you going!" Travis yelled behind me, his harsh voice echoing in the eerie road, sending chills down my spine.

I didn't say a word as I kept running hard. My feet hurt as I got no stamina but I kept pushing myself.

As he was much sturdier than me, he caught me easily by putting his solid hand on my waist and lifting me half in the air.

My lungs burned as I screamed with all of my strength.

"LET ME GO! I DON'T WANNA GO WITH YOU!"

My feet swayed as he threw me on the ground, making my crash with the concrete floor. My bare skin connected with the ground, peeling in half . Blood oozed out from my hands and cheeks.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing? " His roared, his voice boomed in the quiet night.

With quivering lips and fearful emotions, I stared at him with 

Hatred.

Anger.

Loath.

Every negative emotions I could master.

Everything was silent, whispering a dark tale around us, the tail of pain, the tail of cruelty. Only the sound of my harsh breath was audible. I never noticed when the temperature fell so low that we were surrounded in a cage of white smokey fogs. Even the concrete became cold as ice. The cold weather resembling his coldness and my helplessness.

This is what winter is. Cruel and empty. The one who comes and takes everything away. The color of joy fades away as those beautiful lives looses their happy soul.There's nothing but darkness and misery.

And that's what he is.

Destruction.

DARKNESS.

My eyes darted back into reality when I heard the sound of horn, the warning to move away from the road.

My body stopped moving as I became paralyzed out of fear. I only could hear the sound of the alert as I blankly stared the nearing car.

I think I'm gonna die.

And dying seemed better than the reality. At least, there will be an end to all this pain and sufferings. There will be an end to his cruelty.

Closing my eyes tightly, I prayed my last prayers hoping that I'll wake in a world of nothingness. Something within me told me to move away but I couldn't. I wanted to go home. A place where I'll have a family, where I'll find happiness.

Maybe it's not in this world, maybe it's in the after-world.

I wanted to find my home

I wanted to find my dad

I wanted to find Mason

I wanted to find the truth

I wanted to find the past

Perhaps , I'll know everything when I'll be one of those shinning starts.

But I didn't as I found him pushing me from the road, making me roll on the ground with him.

Our bodies tumbled by the nearby slope, he held me tightly making me whimper in pain. The rotation stopped when we reached the forest floor. My arms were tangled with his as he shielded me from getting hurt. We lied on the ground together, my face crushed under his hard chest, hands tightly curled on his shirt. His muscular arm around my waist, pressing me to him harder than ever. The coldness of my skin faded away as his warm body kept me trapped.

"You should've let me die" I whispered with a broken voice and closed eyes.

He didn't spoke a word as he hovered over me making me more tensed. His disheveled  hair falling over his temple making him look more striking.

The boy above stared at me without any emotions.

"I will ."

And that's what I needed to hear to understand him. To understand that, he wants to destroy me piece by piece, slowly and painfully. He wants to make a deep cut which won't heal for a long time. That's why I'm getting all these attentions. And I know the exact reason. The reason, for which I lost mason. My best friend, my brother. The reason that made Travis a heartless beast. The reason, that made my life a living hell.

It was known by me, the hell will set loose after that day. The day of a twenty December, the day when every ounce of happiness faded away from my life, from his life, the day when I saw Mason's dying  face.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The first thing I noticed after coming home was Allyene's shocked face. Her beautiful face paled as she looked at us worriedly. It was natural as we were covered in dirt, blood as well as torn-out clothes. Every bones of my body hurt as I tried to stay still at the entrance.

Sleep covered my eyes as I was tired and worn-out both physically and mentally. But all of my sleepiness went out when the sound of screeching chalks was heard. Sorry, the sound of a too familiar high pitched scream. And there is no other person in this whole world who screams like her.

Oh, God please save me............