A deferent kind of robbery

My eyes widened as a gasp escaped from my mouth. Suddenly her words made sense.

"Travis." I whispered and held his hand tightly.

"The other bodies. W-we have to check t-them."

"What are you saying?" He asked, his whole body tensed.

"Please." I pleaded. "Trust me." My eyes burned with unshed tears.

He nodded. "Tyler." He barked. "Come here. We need a hand."

Tyler strode towards us. "What it is?" He asked,

Both of us looked at each other and nodded silently. Travis handed me a shovel and another to Tyler.

"What are we doing?" He stared at the shovel.

"Digging." Travis stated in a clipped tone.

The three of us selected the nearby tomb and started excavating. Kurt immediately noticed our moves.

"What are you doing?" He immediate came towards us. "We don't have the permission to search another grave." His usual calm face was tensed visibly.

"Help us Kurt. We don't have time." I dug the shovel against the hard soil with all my strength. We continued to excavate. Time passed as the pit became spacious and revealed the coffin. Travis kneeled down and hit the back of his shovel towards the lock of the casket. It opened immediately as it was shallowly locked and revealed an empty chamber."

Everyone gasped, shock written on their face.

"Where's the body?" Tyler asked, bewilderment written all over his face.

But no one knew. "How did you know Case?" He asked.

"Next grave." I mumbled. "We have to check the next grave."

Kurt nodded. He ordered all the workers to help us. They hesitated at first but started their work eventually.

The third grave in the row had no body.

Not even the fourth or fifth or sixth. We even checked one of front rows but there were none.

These cemetery had more than hundred tombs. And we didn't have enough man power. "We need support. I'm calling the force." Kurt said.

All of us agreed.

"The security guard. Don't let him flee. He has a lot to explain." Travis muttered.

Kurt called out his most trusted fellows and inspectors. With their permission the excavation team and the forensic department arrived. With everyone on the row, the excavation began.

What was the result?

This graveyard was empty except this certain body.

My whole body trembled. The scene before me was unbelieving. My moral sense couldn't accept the fact that, this cemetery was empty. Scarce of any body.

The sound of siren, machines, and expeditions rang into my ear. Orders were placed. Pictures were took. And I stood here numbly. No one understood what was happening. My head throbbed immensely.

This is a burial ground for God's sake but where are the bodies?

It wasn't No body in his grave

It was No body in this grave

My vision turned dark for a moment as my body lost its balance. I swayed back as my foot slipped against the slippery soil. I would have fell if two strong arms didn't enclose around my weak body. My back touched a hard torso.