A sinner's prayer

I don't know how many hours have passed but it seems like I had fallen asleep. My throat felt dry and itchy as the urge of drinking water became more strong.

I groaned as my neck hurt from staying at the same position for too long. But I felt better than before as the ache on my body and head reduced.

My senses picked up as I heard the something clinking behind that rusty old door. Footstep and mutters were heard as the door creaked open.

The thudding of shoes became more loud as figures clad in a black masks appeared before me.

They wore dark attires, their identity concealed. One stood in front of me as the other stood behind, undoing the shackles around my body.

"Who the hell are you! Let me go!" I screamed with all of my strength as I tried to get myself free from this iron grip.

None of them said anything as the person in front of me sat on the chair before me.

He crouched down, as his hands were placed on his knees. His head stayed low as his voiced rang in the room.

"Tell me what you know about the accidents." He asked.

I greeted my teeth as the other kidnapper gripped my hair tightly so that I was facing my hostage taker, almost ripping the strands from their roots.

"You can go to hell." I hissed angrily, struggling at the iron grip.

He sighed as he calmly asked again.

"Tell me what you know and I wont hurt you." He stated.

"Fuck you." I gritted my teeth, restraining myself from lashing out at them.

"Tell me what you know girl. And I won't hurt you. Tell me what your team was researching about. Tell me, what you know about us." He asked again as his hand gripped my jaw tightly.

"Let me go!" I spat as I bit his gloved finger with all of my strength.

"Ahh!.." My captor yelp as he detached his hand from my burning jaw.

I could feel his body tensing, as his fingers curled into fists. He was trying to control his anger and irking him was what I wanted from the beginning.

"You know. This night could have been peaceful. But bitches like you would never understand a simple thing." He uttered angrily.

"I also can say the same thing about you." I smirked.

But my smirk was soon wiped off as my face met with a harsh blow. I knew I would have fallen on the ground if the other captor was not holding me tightly.

For a second everything was silent but my ears kept buzzing. The headache that had reduced was increasing with every passing moment as blood trailed down from my nose.

The pain was something I hadn't face for a long time. It was like one of those beating were you could not fight back. You know that and yet you keep struggling as if the blows you are getting would vanish somehow.

The memory of getting beaten on the first days of my senior year flashed before my teary eyes. Those guys who blinded my vision and beat me mercilessly.

On that time, I only could feel the harsh pain that was eating me away. That moment was horrible. It was filled with screams, blood and pain.

Nothing else.

That is what I'm feeling right now. I was in pain. And it only intensified with the upcoming kicks, punches and questions.

He kept punching me. Each time his knuckles collided with my blood-spattered lips, nose, the pain doubled. The metal ring on his finger was doing a good job in peeling my skin in half.