Romance and fear

Before me, there stood a lanky guy, baggy clothes covering his lithe body, nerdy glass framed over his chocolate eyes.

The sweet rays of dawn fell over his form, creating a illusionary glow around his dull face. A deep frown tugged down his lips, thin brows knitted together.

Was it that obvious that this was a girl dressed in a guy's attire? Well, curse that man for noticing every single thing.

My hands fell over my throbbing temple, trying to massage away the pain. Sighing audibly, I closed my tired eyes and let out every tension with my breath.

The clicking sound of the door brought me back to present as my eyes fell on the reflection behind me.

Travis came home from his morning workout. Body glinting in sweat and face red from all the training, he still looked perfect. And just look at those muscles that stretched with every movement. Just damn.

Umm, Ahem. This is the part where I avert my gaze.

Because that's what everyone does when they get caught by the the person they are staring at, right?

Swallowing the invisible lump on my throat, my eyes followed his every movement.

He ran his hand through his hair , his eyes trained on me, lips tugged upwards to that signature smirk.

"Take a picture babe. It lasts longer."

Did he just say babe? Am I having auditory hallucination or something?

Drawing a deep breath, I ignored my berating heart and started to work on my face mask. The extra skin made of plastic was quite annoying as it tingled whenever I moved my jaw or tried to talk.

Though it was a bit paler than my original skin color there was no way to find out it was fake unless someone touches it.

It has to be done as my face was far more softer and thinner than a guy's. But it was hard to smile and talk with this extra skin.

"Need any help?" Travis spoke up from behind.

"What the.." I shirked out immediately resulting the paint pallet to fall down on the floor.

I huffed and turn around and bumped into him.

"Stop scaring.." .

The words died on my lips as my face got squashed on the fluffy towel that was hung around his neck.

All I could pick up was the unique scent of his. His smell was so familiar yet so distant. It was something spicy mixed with muscularity. One inhale and you would want more.

"Earth on you Casie." He murmured against my cheek.

Resisting the urge to fall asleep on him, I took a one last inhale and backed away. Well, I could not go far as my back bumped with the flat expense of the vanity mirror. He didn't give me a chance me to move further either as he paced closer, pressing his warm body against mine. The chilled winter did not help the heat to lessen down that was slowly building up inside me. Even with the baggy clothes I was wearing, I could feel every muscles of his body.

"You are upset about something." He breathed out on my cool skin, making me tremble against my wish .

Blue eyes stared down at my plastic face as they searched for answers making me even more exposed.

"Do I look like a guy?" I asked out not breaking our eye contact.

He raised a questioning brow but did not say anything. Lips set in a thin line he focused his dark gaze over my face.