The Legend

Enjoy the suspense and watch out for clues

The first thing I did after bolting after from sleep was look for Travis what that guy seemed nowhere to be found. Memories of last evening came in making me blush red.

What was I thinking? Kissing that guy? Ew, I need to wash my mouth as well as my memories. He was right. If I was in my right mind I really would have kicked him away.

But that was the least thing I was worried about. Now, I need to do some unfinished business. Something was definitely fishy about this whole accident. From getting drunk so suddenly to punctured tires everything seemed suspicious. But, how'd I even managed to get out of the car?

After finishing my morning rituals and changing into new sets of clothes, I went down to the kitchen and had a solid breakfast. Because if I want to work on the field, I need to keep myself steady. But I chose everything carefully as I knew, someone here does not like me for sure. It could be anyone but the main suspect was Lara's parents. After what I've done to their daughter they'll surely won't like me for sure.

The maids have return and the house seemed to got back it's joy as everyone seemed busy for the upcoming events.

As I am not able to work in the presence of Parker family, the maids will be my supplement and will get paid as usual. I was joyous to learn that Travis did not cut their payments and they got the support they needed to take care of family.

And by family, I meant their fellow orphan brothers and sisters. Xander family has helped these helpless people since ages. 20% of the profit they make from the company goes to support Midway Orphanage and Midway Hospital. That's the place they come from.

It was a pretty good thing and I look forward to meet their family someday, but now, I need to focus on my work.

It was nine in the morning as I stepped on my snickers and put up my hoodie. My hands clutched my bag tightly, my skin could feel the leathery straps.

The leaves crunched against my shoes as the dusty road lay ahead. Sighing audibly, I walked forward, my eyes absorbing the surroundings before me.

The 31st night block came into my view as I took a turn at my left. My eyes settled on the big old house, where I used to live once.

After knocking for a few times, a petite girl opened the door. Her charcoal eyes squinted for a moment to see stranger.

"How can I help you?" She asked, raising a brow.

Well, I forgot to tell you, the people of this area don't like strangers.

Extending my hand to her, I introduced myself.

"Hello, I'm Casie and I'm your neighbor. I just live down the streets. "

She shook my hand and offered me a small smile.

"Hello, I'm Riley. Please come in." She requested.

"I'd love to but not today. Actually I was looking for your mom. We met earlier. Is she at home?" I asked trying to sound as natural as possible.

"Oh, I'm sorry. She's not home, she's at work. Is there something to tell her?"

"Umm, it would be better if I can talk to her personally. Can I have her number please?"

"Okay." She said.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the study room

In front of me was sets of paper. Newspaper to be specific. Paper cutting was not easy but I had to do it. And the news was of