I'm sorry

The world around me stilled as I stared down at the form beneath me. My unsettled mind was in the brink of loosing it’s sanity again. Blood rushed on my head pounding my skull furiously. I was again drowning into the darkness, the darkness from which I furiously wanted to come out and reach the light.

I felt sick. This blackness chocked me, sending me into an infinite abyss. Desperation took over my body as hundreds of dark possibilities swirled into my mind.

But there was one particular thought that send me to edge, that was harsh enough to drive me crazy.

What if this shot causes him his life?

This thought was dark enough to make me think that it would’ve been a thousand times better if I was killed in that shady tunnel or with in those bone breaking tortures or the best one, instead of Mason.

“T-Travis..” I whispered. “Y-You..y-you…..you have to get up. We have to go. You need help..” I mumbled incoherently, mostly to myself.

I settled down beside him while trying to help him to get up. It was almost dark and I knew, if the night arrives then we wouldn’t be able to return. With the light, we would be gone too.

“Shit.” He gritted his teeth as immense pain took over his body. “I don’t think I won’t be able to hold on for long. T-The blood mark will follow us and…” 

He coughed violently as more blood trailed down from his mouth.

I panicked as I cradled his head in my lap trying to calm his as much as I can. I didn’t have any idea what to do. I I was terrified. Never in my life, I had encountered this kind of situation and bookish knowledge seemed quite useless right now.

“I don’t think I can hold it any l-longer. Y-you should g-go..” 

“You know I will never leave you here so stop talking nonsense.” I mumbled.  

I closed my eyes and tried to calm down for a moment. I knew if I didn’t do something soon than I would loose him. My heart raced against my ribcage in a wild manner. My chest tightened as it ached. I have to help him. 

I opened my eyes and found the back that he brought lying a few feet away from us. Maybe it would have something that can help him.

I reached out for the bag and fished it to find anything. Sadly, most if its contents were left back on where he found me. Just a  bottle of water and an extra shirt was what it had.

“Travis..” My hand found it’s way towards his shirt as I unclasped the buttons carefully. My eyes scanned over his body, looking for any other injuries but the thick gash on the left side of his upper abdomen.

Blood continued to ooze out as the flesh of his body peaked from inside. The wound was severe but looks like the bullet has passed out as there were two tears on his body.

I didn’t know about the inner damages but the blood loss, the blood loss would certainly kill him.  Extreme Hemorrhage, self-splinting were also part of my distress.

“Hey, Travis. Can you breathe? Are you having any problems in taking air?”  My digits brushed away the hair from his temple as I tried to stop my own breakdown.

I couldn’t allow myself to break in front of him. I needed to aid him. 

“I’m okay.” He breathed out. “It’s the wound. I think I’ll loose conscious from the blood loss. I don’t think..” He paused, trying to control his breathing. “Casie..” 

“Yes.” I tried to concentrate on his wound, as I slowly cleaned the blood with water, inwardly hoping for him to not say the words I dreaded to hear.