Chapter twenty five: New emotions

He removed his hand from my face as his fingers traced my cheeks. The rough skin grazing my soft one. My mind screamed at him to get away from me but my body was paralyzed, my eyes trapped under his burning ones.

His finger softly touched the outline of my lips as they made their way down to my neck which made me turn my head away from him but he forced me to look at him.

"You are crying for that bastard." His eyes were focused on the window as he sat up from the bed.

"You almost killed him! He could have died!" I screamed with my last remaining strength, my lungs burned painfully as I couldn't breath properly.

"So could have you. If I wasn't there, you would've been lying six feet under the ground right now. And now you beg me to let you go?

Venom dripped from his rough voice, louder than ever. Like a broken thread, I lied there with my eyes full of unsheded tear, some already stained the white plush pillows.

"Don't try to be my savior. I didn't tell you to save me last night!"

"Oh,, yes you definitely didn't but now you will."

My eyes shot open went I felt him grabbing my neck tightly. I couldn't breath neither I could scream. My throat burned from the pressure.

"Get off me" I manged to speak.

My fingers curled on his chest as I tried to push him. The boy above me didn't move an inch as he stayed on his place. My nails dug on his skin as I tried my best to get away from him.

"let me go." The sound of my cries washed away the silence as I couldn't take it anymore.

He didn't spoke a word as his kept his hand on my neck. My eyes started to close as I thought my world would end right now.

He's going to kill me....

And then, I felt him taking his hand from my neck. I knew he couldn't. Because he made a promise to someone. And that someone is gone from our life because of me. That's what he believes.

Life is complicated. Sometimes it hard to believe who is right and who is wrong. Its so complicated and messed up that you cant even think whats going on.

What was our deal? Why he wants to kill me? And why I'm not fighting him back?

Because I'm confused. Because I'm guilty. I'm tired of carrying the burden. Did I really destroyed my best friend? Is it my fault that mason is not with us right now?

But I still wanna fight because I want to know the truth. The truth that lies beyond the truth. I want know what happened that day. And that's why I'm staying with Travis. Because, there is no one more desperate than him who wants catch the real criminal.

"I didn't pushed him that day."

His dark eyes darted towards me as he looked at me with a knowing emotion.

Hatred.

"I wasn't there when it happened. I wasn't even in the terrace when he..."

"Shut up." He cut me off immediately but I didn't  stop at that.

"I know this is not  believing but....."

"Get out from here before I change my decision." 

" You are a fucking bastard." I said. Anger blinded my rational thoughts.

"Yes I am at least I don't betray people like you do." He said, a humorless smile plastered on his face.

"I didn't betray anyone!"