Chapter 16 - Seirin vs Kaijo

"How did you get to me so fast?" I asked Ryouta as we ran at mach speed to his highschool's gym.

"Never underestimate my running skills-su!" he replied and I weakly chuckled.

"Well don't underestimate mine! I had Tomoe-senpai and Kyosuke-senpai teach me the best running techniques since they run stride!" I retorted and Ryouta glanced at me.

"Who?" he asked. "I don't remember them."

"I met them when I was running one day in my first year," I answered as we dodged some walking students who were in our way. "They helped me with breathing and running techniques and we became friends. Kyosuke-senpai helped me get my motorcycle license and Tomoe-senpai trained me in running anchor and stuff. They are really handsome senpais that can ask me out anytime!" I winked and gave a hearty laugh.

"WHAT?!" Ryouta shouted and then skidded to a sudden stop. The sudden stop made me trip over my own two feet and fall to the ground, face planting. "A-Ah (N/N)!"

"A warning next time." I grimaced and pushed myself off the ground, patting off the nonexistent dirt and dust off of me.

Ryouta laughed at me and walked into the gym, still holding my bag. I followed after him and was about to say something when he suddenly got kicked on the side.

"You're late Kise! What did I tell you about being on time to practice?! I'll kick you!" I looked over to see my brother who was kicked on the floor groaning before turning to the perpetrator. I smirked, karma. It was a male with short, spiky black hair and steel blue eyes who was about 5'10.

"Senpai you already kicked me-su!" Ryouta whined and got up from the floor. He then turned to me and handed me my bag. The black haired male seemed to now notice me and froze up. "Ah senpai, this is my little twin sister (N/N)! She is going to be watching our practice today and our game tomorrow!"

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kise (Y/N), you can call me (Y/N)," I said and gave a small bow and smile towards the male.

"I-I-I'm Kasamastu Y-Yukio!" he stuttered and flushed a bright color of pink. "N-Nice to meet y-you too Kise-c-chan!"

I sweatdropped. He's probably not good with girls, I thought to myself and chuckled. "(Y/N) is fine Yukio-senpai. Thanks for always taking care of my lovable idiot brother." I bowed.

Silence. It was just silent as we both looked at each other.

Then he exploded into multiple shades of red and pink.

"AHH (N/N)! You broke Kasamatsu-senpai!!" Ryouta shouted and I weakly laughed.

"Oops," I blurted out, laughing. "Anyways my legs are hurting Ryo, can I sit on the bench?"

Ryouta turned to me, switching moods. "Ah, sure." We both walked past his frozen senpai and he pushed me to sit down on the bench. "I need to get changed, if anyone asks you why you are here then just explain okay?" I nodded and he patted my head before running off to the locker room.

I really don't want to be noticed after that interaction with Yukio-senpai, I think to myself and wonder if the rest of Ryouta's team will react like that to me. I guess I will make my presence unnoticeable like Testu. Become the shadow... I think to myself repeatedly and I imagine that a mist cloaks me, making me like a hidden ninja from Naruto.

"Fufufu... bow down peasants," I mutter under my breath and chuckle evilly when my presence disappears.

"Mo(r)iyama! Pass!" I looked over at the court to see a brown haired, brown eyes male with bushy eyebrows waving one of his hands in the air. The basketball was passed to him and he threw it into the basket, making it go in with a fwoosh sound.